Almost 3 weeks out! Struggling tired of thinking about food.

Ahizme1
on 7/1/15 6:00 pm

I'm 3 weeks out and I haven't had any complications.  Very happy about that.  I just feel like my whole day is spent thinking about food.  Making sure I have my protein and water amount in.  I guess I feel a bit overwhelmed.  I'm down 23 lbs SW 287 CW 263 

How much is to much carbs? 

Sarah M.
on 7/2/15 4:36 am

Congrats on the good start! Its good that you are so focused on getting your water and protein in right now. Its really important. Give it some time and you won't stress about it---you'll just do it more naturally.

As for the carbs...I tend to follow my NUT/Dr advice. I think each program is alittle different. So far that has worked for me.

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

Ahizme1
on 7/2/15 5:14 am

Thank you for the encouragement.... I hope it will be more natural soon ☺

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 4:44 am

I am almost 2 years out and I do find I think about food a lot. I do think I am not obsessing but planning. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/2/15 5:42 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I remember feeling just the same way.  The first few months after surgery are really a learning process -- and really, the fact that you are thinking so much about food shows that you are working to make the lasting changes to be successful.  I swear to you, it does get easier and less time consuming.  Hang on friend.  Sounds like you are on the right track.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Jeppa
on 7/2/15 7:03 am
Revision on 06/02/15

I am overwhelmed with that too! That, added to the worry of what I'm going to feed the kids, what time I took my last vitamins, meds, sip sip sip, how much protein have I had, etc. . . all day long - I feel very unfocused on things I should be doing.

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

Emiepie
on 7/2/15 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I also remember feeling this way.I felt my whole day/mind was spent trying to make sure I was drinking enough. eating enough of the right things so that I hit my protein numbers and that I had enough time in between all the vitamins. Trust me it does get better with time-and eventually it didn't consume all of my mental energy (hope that makes sense). Good luck and be try and be patient with yourself!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Corrie33
on 7/2/15 2:33 am, edited 7/2/15 2:34 am
RNY on 02/09/15

In our classes pre-surgery, we often had speakers come in and talk with us and share their journeys.  Every one of them said to us that before their surgery, they were obsessed with food.  Always thinking about that next slice of pizza, that craving for fast food, knowing the stuff they were eating was killing them, but being unable to stop (could totally relate to that!).  After surgery, they confessed they are still obsessed with food.  But in a very different way.

I feel I can tell that exact same story now.  I'm only 5 months out, but that's me in a nutshell.  Constantly thinking about what and how much to eat.  Spending hours a day logging into MyFitnessPal and tracking my food.  Planning every bite and every step I take.  It is all consuming and sometimes overwhelming.  Yeah, I guess that obsessive.  But it's a BETTER obsessive than the way it was before.  Right?

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Kathyjs
on 7/2/15 11:07 am

What worked for 'ME' to stop

thinking about food I always make sure I have a lot of food on hand that I can eat. After 12 years I am still addicted to food but if my fridg is full I don't worry about it. I don't have to think , what will I eat. I have lots of GOOD choices on hand. I make no guarantees but this works for me 

robinreinhardt
on 7/2/15 12:14 pm

Oh my go****'s good to hear you say that you're tired of thinking about food. I am 6 months out and still think about food everyday. I think that is part of being obese and how I got to where I was before surgery. I would love to hear from the vets and find out if this ever goes away. Good luck and congratulations on your 23 pound loss in just 3 weeks.

Robin

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 15 views