4 days post op

tryintolose
on 7/2/15 6:37 am

last night was the worst pain I have ever felt.   At what point can I expect pain to ease up

Jeppa
on 7/2/15 7:01 am
Revision on 06/02/15

Mine eased up after about a week. The more I walked during the day, the better I slept at night, and it seemed the more the pain eased.  Hang in there, it gets better.

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

DanaDenise
on 7/2/15 7:09 am

For me it was about a week, and it keeps getting better.  It wasn't until three weeks that I started feeling myself.

Tombocom
on 7/2/15 7:22 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I'll throw in a third POV on post-surgery pain.... And It's a third voice for about a week before you feel like yourself again.  The more you move the better you'll feel.  

And this is coming from a guy - and you know us guys... It's *always* a crisis or a tumor.  

Corrie33
on 7/2/15 9:43 am
RNY on 02/09/15

LOL!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/2/15 7:48 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was really surprised how much pain I was in after surgery -- especially since so many people said how little they had.  Um, well goodie goodie for them... 

Seriously, I also had an umbilical hernia fixed during my RNY that I didn't even know about.  I think that caused even more pain -- for me the trick was to stay ahead of it -- another words, I didn't wait to hurt to take my pain medication.  I was feeling a lot better by the third week -- I actually went back to work teaching on a college campus at 2.5 weeks.  

Take heart.  In a few months you will barely remember this -- and I swear to you -- I would do the surgery and the recovery EVERY YEAR OF MY LIFE for what I have now.  Every. Damn. Year.  It's that worth it.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Diaz16
on 7/2/15 1:32 pm

I had my surgery on 6/2/15 so my 1 month appointment is coming up at 4 days out I thought the psi. Would never go away 😡😬... but trust me it does. On my 7th day they took jp drain out n it was after the initial yuck feeling them pulling it out almost instantly better . I'm not going to lie my belly button n left side by my belly button still hurts but it's not excruciating.  And by time I was 2 weeks out I wasn't really in any pain at all except my muscles by my belly button it feels like I strain it but Nurse practioner said by 30 days out I should b fine. It's still sore but I can live with it. Good luck on your journey. Hope it get better for u quickly

MickeyDee
on 7/2/15 9:05 pm

Are you taking any pain meds?  There's no reason to suffer;  my surgeon gave me Lortab, which is codeine/Tylenol in liquid form, and works great.

Ask your doctor for pain meds.

MsCris
on 7/2/15 11:46 pm

I'm only 19 days post op from my RNY and it took about 7 days before I was pain free, the first 3 days for me were the worst but i agree pain meds should be your friend. It really did help me get through and I also walked every chance I got which also helped. Hang in there it does get better.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics