Still feel OFF after eating and very slow to start regular foods

kim_pei
on 7/4/15 10:57 am - Canada

Hi all...need some experienced WLS's insights to get me through this.

I am almost 6 weeks out and feel queasy after eating fish or protein.  I know its all new to me and I expected it to be a trial and error and a time thing. I cant eat carbs at all...I never feel hungry and am turned off by food most times.  A problem I sure didnt have before the surgery. lolI take all my vitamins and drink plenty and am not depressed.  I just still have very low energy levels and wondering if anyone else felt like this and how long you felt like it.

I am healing well and sleep well....I just feel like I should be feeling better by now.

Thnaks...Kim

cherg24
on 7/4/15 11:50 am - Ontario, Canada

I'm probably a month ahead of you I felt the exact same way.   It turned around somewhere around the six week mark.  It just gets a bit better every day and all of a sudden you're like.   Hey I feel pretty good!!! Food seems like a chore and I had a hard time eating cuz I just never wanted anything. If course then I did a count and realized my priblem was I wasn't getting enough in nd had stalled.  I started eating a bit more and it helped a lot!!!  Keep it up.  You'll pinch through this feeling!

kim_pei
on 7/4/15 12:32 pm - Canada

Thank you so much. You made me feel normal. I feel alone doing this and just hearing someone else that's been there makes all the difference in the world! 

cherg24
on 7/9/15 4:45 pm - Ontario, Canada

I know what you mean.  I feel so alone and don't know who to talk to anymore  either! There are so many worries and so much second guessing that goes on about  I doing this the right way? How do I know of I should be concerned? It's all a lil overwhelming sometimes.  

cspotrun
on 7/4/15 8:16 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

It honestly took me a while to get my energy back.  I thought it would be sooner too.  At 6 weeks I noticed improvement, and then steady improvement.  Back to my normal self at 6 months.  Took me a while too!  Well worth it.  I promise.

Karen   

kim_pei
on 7/5/15 5:02 am - Canada

Thanks Karen....did you have any problems transitioning to regular food?  I am supposed to be eating fish and chicken now and find I chew and chew and it sits in my new pouch like a brick and most of the time I am fine if it's only liquids or soup but anything else makes me sick...Kim

cspotrun
on 7/5/15 6:55 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I had a hard time with chicken and beef, yes. My nurse told me to eat them in a softer, more liquid form, like crockpot consistency. That helped. I also would eat maybe 2 bites at first with something soft like Greek yogurt. Then I worked my way to eating more. It's a process. I definitely couldn't just sit and eat 2 ounces of chicken right when I was cleared for regular food. I did always tolerate tuna with mayo well. But again, maybe 4 bites at first. Now I can eat 4 ounces of beef or chicken with no problem at all. It just takes time. You have a brand new baby belly so treat it like that!  You're doing great!

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 207 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views