What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 7/29/15 7:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey guys, sorry so late!  The internet here at work is wonky and nobody could get into anything!  I had to do actual work.  LOL  I'm experimenting here with a bigger than usual breakfast to see if I can get by without a morning snack.  I really just moved it to the afternoon since I'm sitting here until 5:30 and sadly, nothing sounds better for a snack at 5:30 than popcorn.  Just say no!  LOL

Time since surgery:  1 year

B:  coffee, toast with Brummel & Brown, HB egg and a cheese stick

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, celery sticks and 34 degree crackers with LC

S:  L&F Greek cherry chocolate on top

D:  venison beef chili.  Yes, I'm eating chili in the middle of the summer.  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  924  Protein:  85  Carbs:  71  (ugh)  Fat:  33

melissasue1982
on 7/29/15 7:20 am
RNY on 04/06/15

ACTUAL WORK??  I am so sorry! :(

3 months 3 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax vanilla bean torte

S: Light string cheese

L: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt with 15g slivered almonds (I was uninspired for lunch today)

S: 1oz beef jerky

D: 1.5oz chicken breast, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, 1 tbsp light cesear dressing

Totals: Cals: 556  Protein: 74  Carbs: 25  Fat: 16

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Felicity Q.
on 7/29/15 7:21 am
DS on 09/28/15

I had a really rough day yesterday. I have been having vision problems and finally went to an eye doctor who informed me I have cataracts! At 32 years old! One eye is poor enough that he recommends surgery right away. The other may not need to be done immediately. Other than super morbid obesity, I have been incredibly healthy my entire life, sans one Gallbladder.  No co-morbidities…no idea why or how this could have happened except just “Mother Nature”. :-(

I’m HOPING it will work out where I might be able to have this done during my RNY revision recovery (I have Short Term Disability Insurance at work) and I maybe could take my full 3 weeks off of work and fit in the eye surgery around that time. Of course, if the surgeons think it would be a good idea. 

The silver lining is that I will reach my out-of-pocket maximum for my insurance this year with my RNY surgery, so these other health issues that are coming up are going to be no additional cost to me. Of course $12k in medical bills for my family over the course of a year is astonishing to me. My DH tore his ACL earlier this year and that surgery + physical therapy has been quite costly.

Anyway, my meal plan for the day!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY Surgery Status: Submitted, waiting for approval!

B:  .75c Unsweetened Soy Milk + 1 Scoop Optimum Gold Standard Banana Cream Whey Protein

S:  1/4c Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

L:  6oz Grilled Shrimp, 2c Garden Salad w/ 2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar + ½tsp EVOO

D:  1.5c Homemade Slow Cooker Chili  (I'm having chili too!)

TOTALS:  Calories:  890  |  Protein:  101  |  Carbs:  49  |  Fat:  32

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Emiepie
on 7/29/15 7:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry you found out bad news about your eyes but your plan sounds good and hopefully it all works out!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 7/29/15 8:16 am

I'm sorry.  When it rains it pours.  Good luck and speedy healing.

JB1114
on 7/29/15 12:49 pm - Grain Valley, MO

You are really young to have cataracts.  I'm WAYYYYYYYYY older than you and I had one removed a month ago.  So easy.  I had no problems at all and was reading and sewing the next day.  The biggest nuisance was all the drops you have to put in your eye before and after surgery.  I only need reading glasses now.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Felicity Q.
on 7/29/15 2:34 pm
DS on 09/28/15

That's good to hear - thank you Jo :)

My Dad is 53 and had two cataracts removed and my Mom is 51 and has the onset but its not yet surgery time for her. I guess bad eye genes are an OK trade-off for magically not having other issues (such as diabetes).

Did it hurt to look at a computer screen the next day? I work from home, not sure if I will need some extra time off if I cant schedule this during my recovery!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/15 7:28 am

Good morning. I have been busy and had 25 people come stay with us this weekend and it has taken a toll on me. The heat has been crappy to. But I will take it over winter. 

B:Hard boiled eggs and cheese stick

S:Pure protein bar

L:Grilled chicken salad

D:Steak

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are in water is going down. I am really tired today. I am hoping it is just the heat

Emiepie
on 7/29/15 7:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Did I read that right?!?!?! 25 people wowzers

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/15 7:43 am

Yes they camp out in our yard. It is a lot of fun. I do the shopping but I do not do all of the cooking. I cook most of the dinners but made easy stuff.

I did put myself in time out a few times so I could just chill. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics