What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 7/30/15 6:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hello from the pouring rain!  LOL  Just as I was stepping out of the house this morning the skies opened on me and my million things I carry to work every day.  I look like a drowned rat, for real.  I didn't even have an umbrella in the car or the house because they were at work.  Both of them.  LOL   Oh well.  Hey, guess what!  I found another pair of khaki crop pants and black shirt in my pile of old clothes.  I'm not going to resume project black and tan, but I am rocking my standard uniform today.  It's just a little wet.  LOL

B:  coffee, black bean burger, slive of Velveeta and a HB egg

L:  Buffalo chicken salad with celery sticks and a cheese stick

S:  34 degree crackers with Laughing Cow

D:  Breakfast for dinner, my fave!  I'm having a single pancake that I diligently worked into my menu because I love pancakes.  Also some turkey bacon and an over easy egg.

TOTALS:  Cals:  887  Protein:  71  Carbs:  52  Fat:  44

Who's next?

AnnyBananny
on 7/30/15 6:38 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I recently read an article about creating a "work uniform." I don't mean like a uniform that is required...now I can't find the link, damnit, but it's about a woman who works for some magazine and wears black pants and a white collared shirt with this little leather bow tie thing every single day. Her office did a Dress Like _____ day once and the pictures were hilarious. I don't know that I could take it so far as to wear the exact same thing, but I do like the idea of like black pants/white shirt and just having them in different styles and that's your entire combo. Think how easy getting dressed could be!

When I bought my new work wardrobe I didn't stay that simple, but I do love that it's very mix and match, I have so many combos with now too many pieces.

Time since surgery: 1 year +

B: coffee with cream, bacon/egg/cheese Wake Up Wrap

S: L&F with sliced almonds

L: turkey sloppy job, string cheese, granola thin

S: Sargento Balanced Break

D: TJ's chicken sausage, steamed veggies

S: Thin Addictives with Laughing Cow edge, popcorn, froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1291, Protein 74, Carbs 120, Fat 56

V/W: started

E: might end up being a rest day, the second day after BodyPump is killing me :-(

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 7/30/15 6:46 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I honestly have no idea how I ended up with so many pairs of khakis and black shirts.  I guess I am drawn to them like a moth to a flame.  LOL

Felicity Q.
on 7/30/15 7:01 am
DS on 09/28/15

I know the article! I think it's this one:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a10441/why-i-wear-the-same-thing-to-work-everday/

Great read! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Felicity Q.
on 7/30/15 7:09 am
DS on 09/28/15

My work uniform is whatever I slept in ****il about noon or if I have to go somewhere).

Then again, my alarm is set for 7:55am in order for me to clock in at 8! The joys of being a telecommuter - I don't miss putting on makeup, picking up dry cleaning, wearing pantyhose. I'm a much happier person now!

Emiepie
on 7/30/15 7:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I saw that on facebook a few months back, the story talked about the stress reduction aspect of it. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/15 6:54 am

Good morning. I have to say my clothes usually consist of a long skirt and a boat neck t-shirt from old navy. I like them because I can dress them up or just be casual. I hate shorts. I only like to wear them if I am on the beach or out on the boat. 

B:Scrambled eggs with ham

L:Yogurt

D:Steak

S:Not sure. 

I am so excited to see my son today. Just for a few hours but that's okay. 

Water is going down and vitamins are in. 

Have a great day. 

Felicity Q.
on 7/30/15 7:04 am
DS on 09/28/15

Sunny and clear today here for me! The rain sounds nice though. This is my favorite time of year in my old home state of Arizona... the thunderstorms and weekly rain... Ahh. The memories.

Surgery Status: Still pre-op! :-)

B:  Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey Protein Shake

S:  ½ of a Pluot

L:  3oz Grilled Shrimp, ½c. Grilled Zucchini

S: Standard Rocky Road Whey Protein Shake + 1 tbsp PB2

D:  Chicken Fajitas (Doing a modified version of http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/02/oven-fajitas/ to use more chicken and veggies, cutting out the tortilla, sour cream, and sugar/cornstarch) – This is going to be great leftovers and future meals!

TOTALS:  Calories:  712  |  Carbs:  32  |  Fat:  17  |  Protein:  123  |  Fiber:  10  |  Sugar:  19

Emiepie
on 7/30/15 7:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Top of the morning to ya!! Come to think of it I am unsure where my umbrella is at the moment...hmmm. Sorry you got soaked but sounds like you're able to laugh it off at the moment!! I love breakfast for dinner....may rethink my dinner and have a bit  of my frozen cinnamon churro ricotta pancakes I made over the weekend.

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (dried figs, apple slices, and blueberries)

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: Trader Joe's pizza veggie burger topped with mozzerella, and cottage cheese

S: L&F Greek blueberry yogurt with 1/2 a banana mixed in, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Flat out pizza and SF pudding...or now I am thinking ricotta pancakes and scrambled eggs

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1232 Protein:92 Carbs:140 Fat:26 

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 7/30/15 7:17 am
RNY on 04/06/15
On July 30, 2015 at 6:30 AM Pacific Time, AngryViking wrote:

Hello from the pouring rain!  LOL  Just as I was stepping out of the house this morning the skies opened on me and my million things I carry to work every day.  I look like a drowned rat, for real.  I didn't even have an umbrella in the car or the house because they were at work.  Both of them.  LOL   Oh well.  Hey, guess what!  I found another pair of khaki crop pants and black shirt in my pile of old clothes.  I'm not going to resume project black and tan, but I am rocking my standard uniform today.  It's just a little wet.  LOL

B:  coffee, black bean burger, slive of Velveeta and a HB egg

L:  Buffalo chicken salad with celery sticks and a cheese stick

S:  34 degree crackers with Laughing Cow

D:  Breakfast for dinner, my fave!  I'm having a single pancake that I diligently worked into my menu because I love pancakes.  Also some turkey bacon and an over easy egg.

TOTALS:  Cals:  887  Protein:  71  Carbs:  52  Fat:  44

Who's next?

I REALLY don't have a standard uniform, especially now!  I just clobber together whatever the heck fits at the moment.  THANKFULLY I have a job that I don't have a "dress code", I mean things have to be clean with no rips or anything, but I can wear like leggings and tee shirts!  PHEW

3 months 3 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Failife Skim Milk, 1 scoop Syntrax vanilla bean torte

S: Light string cheese

L: Toasted coconut L&F Greek yogurt with 15g slivered almonds (it was SO GOOD yesterday I am having it again)

S: 1oz beef jerky

D: 1.5oz chicken thigh (boneless, skinless) with artichoke/spinach/cheese "sauce"

Totals: Cals: 563  Protein: 78 Carbs: 27  Fat: 16

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics