Port sites not healing

Johnna131312
on 7/27/15 5:37 pm - Kenton, OH
RNY on 07/14/15

3 of my laparoscopic port sites have had the steri-strips fall off and the port did not stay closed.. they used skin glue and then steri-strips.   Super creepy to see 3 holes in your stomach.  I see my surgeon in 2 days.. I just am keeping clean band-aids over them for now.  I know they will have to heal from the inside out now and that takes time. 

SDPoodleMom
on 7/27/15 6:09 pm

You need to contact your surgeon and let them know right away. I'm not a medical professional by any means but I've had my share of wounds that didn't want to heal properly.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Highest weight 287lbs. Weight at surgery 265lbs. RnY 12/06/2012. Personal goal weight 150lbs. Lowest weight 155lbs. Size 28 2012 - size 8 2014. I Will Succeed!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/15 7:19 pm - OH

Athe surgeon may very well put a butterfly bandage or new steri strips on it.  If not, for small holes from lap incisions, it doesn't really take much extra time for them to heal (it isn't the same as large wounds having to heal from the inside out).  

I have had two holes from relatively large drain tubes (from two different surgeries) that were removed in the surgeon's office and the surgeon didn't do anything except put a bandaid over it and tell me to keep it clean and dry.  It didn't take very long for eitehr of them to heal up.  The scar from one is fairly noticeable (clearly round) but the other one doesn't look much different than regular lap surgeon incisions.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Pervette
on 7/28/15 12:15 am

I would call his office and let him know.  I've had that happen with other major surgeries, and felt concerned.  I was OK in the end so talk to him before getting too worried.  He is only a phone call away.

I have my 1st post op appointment tomorrow.  I only had the glue on my 5 surgical spots.  2 still hurt, but from past experience my stitches should be removed tomorrow.

Good luck 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 13 replies · 91 views