Odd pain

Zoey0317
on 7/29/15 4:26 pm

Hello. I had my gastric  bypass surgery about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm currently on the puréed diet and today I had some chicken but made sure to chew it really well  and had no problems. The chicken I ate was at noon and about 6 PM tonight I've started to have stomach pain. The best way to describe it is right in the center of my stomach and it like a strong cramping and burning feeling that will come and go like  contractions. I'll be  fine for a while and then all of a sudden the pain comes on and it's really uncomfortable but then will go away pretty soon. I almost feel like the pain goes straight through my stomach even into my back a little bit. Any ideas? 

killinmesmalls77
on 7/29/15 6:10 pm - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

I had similar pain but it wasn't related to anything that I ate. I had a bunch of labs done to rule out anything with my pancreas. They determined that it was scar tissue pulling on good tissue and causing pain. It went away after about a week. They recommended heating pads and ice packs and taking my hospital pain medicine at night. 

I hope you feel better soon. I'd say check in with your doctor if it doesn't go away after a day or keeps happening every time you eat. 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

Felicity Q.
on 7/29/15 9:23 pm
DS on 09/28/15

I am by no means a medical professional, but what you're describing is how I felt when I had Gall Stones and had to have my Gallbladder removed. I had some other obvious symptoms as well, such as clay-colored stool which made me suggest it to my PCP and they did an ultrasound to discover the stones.

It sounds awful, I empathize and hope you find out what it is and feel better soon!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/29/15 3:05 pm, edited 7/29/15 3:05 pm - OH

Yes, it could be your gallbladder.  If it happened 6 hours after eating, it didn't have anything to do with what you ate.  It could also be the beginning of an ulcer.

If it continues, get in to see your surgeon.  A simple ultrasound can usually tell if it is your gallbladder.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Zoey0317
on 8/4/15 10:24 am

Just an update... I saw my surgeon the day after I posted this and he didn't have an explanation for the symptoms. However, I haven't had them since so I guess I just had an odd day. Thanks for all the responses.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404