PLEASE HELP! !!!!!!

debraw52
on 7/31/15 8:38 am

I had RNY July 6th.   I have no appetite and I'm sooooo depressed.  I'm extremely anemic and they put me on iron.  My emotions are all over the place and I have no support from the person I'm living with.  He says I'm driving him up the f----- wall.  Everything I eat makes me sick.  I need some help, support, a shoulder to cry on.   I feel just terrible and I wish I never had the surgery.   :(

Scarlette B.
on 7/31/15 1:44 am, edited 7/31/15 1:44 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

We all have to take vitamins for the rest of our lives so being on iron is no biggie.  I drank shakes, lactaid milk and water for 5 weeks after surgery.  I was so happy I had no appetite.  You are really tired and you just had surgery.  You have to relax and realize you need to heal. It is normal to be hormonal during this process.  I don't know your starting weight but whatever emotion you are feeling now will be replaced with sheer delight when you start hitting your non scale victories and weight loss goals.

Godspeed

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

debraw52
on 7/31/15 1:44 pm

Thanks 

Laura in Texas
on 7/31/15 8:59 am

Many of us go through the same "buyer's remorse" in the beginning. I know I cried for the first 2 weeks. This new lifestyle is going to be a big change. Please look into getting some therapy, if things do not get better for you soon. Or find a good support group. You did not mention is the person you live with is your significant other or just a roommate. Either way, it sounds like you need to get your emotional support elsewhere. Try to focus on getting your protein and liquids in. It will get better, I promise!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

debraw52
on 7/31/15 1:45 pm

Thanks 

Stacy C.
on 7/31/15 9:23 am

It gets better trust me. When I was a few weeks out I was still asking myself if I had made the right choice in getting an RNY. To be honest I still do but as the weight melts away I know I made the right choice. I feel so healthy and my enery level is better than what it was before surgery.

I was so sick after surgey, it took awhile for me to to get my liquids in because even water was making me sick. After some trial and error I found that I need room temp water. Cold water still makes me feel icky. But once I was able to get fluids in, food got easier too.

As for the person you live with, forget him. If he can't support you find someone who can. We are all here for you but I am sure you have some friends who will come and spend some time with you!

Take care of yourself, you just had major surgey. Good luck and remember it gets eaiser and better!

debraw52
on 7/31/15 1:45 pm

Thanks 

Felicity Q.
on 7/31/15 9:38 am
DS on 09/28/15

It'll all be OK Debra! Some others have had some good suggestions that I totally agree with.

For me, what got me through the hard adjustment period (after my Lap-Band surgery) was imagining myself in a normal weight range and fantasizing about the loss and NSV's I was going to have. It helped keep me positive even through the emotional roller coaster!  My DH wasn't working at the time, so in order to not drive him crazy I slept a lot, and read books. It helped get my mind off of what I was feeling psychically and emotionally.

Also don't hesitate to vent and talk to people here! If you want to chat on here via private message or something, please do!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

debraw52
on 7/31/15 1:46 pm

Thanks.   I'm still learning how to navigate on this site.  How do I pm someone? 

Felicity Q.
on 7/31/15 1:49 pm
DS on 09/28/15

If you click on a user name it will bring up their profile, then from there you will see a link called "Send Message" :)

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 416 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?