Anybody on Seroquel XR?

myspanisheyes
on 8/1/15 8:17 am - TX

Hi, I  had RNY December 2010. My dr. prescribed Seroquel XR for my Bipolor 2 disorder. I am on 100mg right now in the evening to help me sleep! I am still having trouble sleeping. She will gradually increase the dosage. My question is, will the Extended Release work on RNY patients? Has this worked for anybody out there? I called the company to find out if the have any documentation on RNY patients taking the Extended Release and was told the did not have any information of this kind. Any help from you is greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Rosemary

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 8:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Has your doctor considered using regular Seroquel instead? You don't have to take the XR. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

myspanisheyes
on 8/1/15 11:42 am - TX

I was trying find someone who has taken the XR so they could tell me if it works for them or not. She probably would. Will be seeing her again in two weeks! Hopefully she can do some research of her own! 

Thanks for your response, though!

Rosemary

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 11:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am on Seroquel myself, but the Apo-Quentiapine (not extended release). Considering how it completely knocks me on my ass (like, go to bed NOW) I would hate to think of that being extended over the time I'm supposed to be awake. lol 

Karen

myspanisheyes
on 8/1/15 12:06 pm - TX

Karen, I'm on 100mgs, right now. I am still having trouble going to sleep even 2 to 3 hours later. Which is why I was asking about the XR. When I lay in bed and no sleep, I start getting anxiety. It has not bored me one bit during the day. I'm thinking because it doesn't stay in my system the way it should, I don't. Wish the makers had more info for RNY patience!

Rosemary 

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 1:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Agreed, there is slim to none research to be had on absorption issues re.. meds in general (although we do know we need extra when it comes to vitamins). 

If the goal is sleep (and of course it is, because when we don't the mind races and leads to anxiety) then I would seriously ask about taking the regular Seroquel, not the extended release. 100 mg is not "a lot", so a small increase may be needed over time as well.  Worth asking anyway. 

Karen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?