Worrisome?

melissasue1982
on 8/3/15 9:47 am
RNY on 04/06/15

So I will be 4 months out on Thursday.  I have never really been a stress eater.  Sometimes boredom eating would sneak up on me (pre op), but hasn't been a problem since surgery.

So on Friday I had to leave work early to go get my toddler (22 months) from the sitters because we fell and needed staples in his head.  UGH  So stress from having to miss more work that I wont be paid for, plus having to pay an ER bill ..AGAIN (he burned his hand at the sitters in June, which was an ER bill also).

THEN just having to hold my poor screaming baby down while they did the staples was NO FUN.  THEN he had this huge explosive diaper that went EVERY WHERE....in his shoes, on the floor etc etc it was HORRIBLE.

So I get home, and this was the first time in MONTHS and months that I just wanted to call Pizza Hut and say F- it!  I have a deal with myself that I will NOT eat bread, pasta, rice, pizza et****il I hit my goal weight, then decided from there what I want to do.  I have stuck with this so far with few problems.

I did NOT get the pizza, but I feel like ...should I worry that my brain was like JUST DO IT??  I resisted it, and was fine when I eventually had the time to make and eat dinner.  Of course I am a natural worrier.....so I worry this is like a slippery slope. I know this isn't something anyone can really answer for me.  But maybe I just needed to get it OUT in the open....

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

ChadShaft
on 8/3/15 9:49 am

I think you need to find a different sitter.

melissasue1982
on 8/3/15 9:52 am
RNY on 04/06/15

HAHAHAHA I think you are correct! 

We have used this in home Daycare since my daughter (who is 12 now) was a toddler.  We have NEVER had problems like this....but my toddler is like Evel Knievel reincarnated!  NO FEAR, and he has always been big and strong for his age so he can climb and be crazy with the bigger kids! LOL

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

LynnAlex
on 8/3/15 10:13 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I think you should pat yourself on your back.  You won this battle.  The more battles you win, the more you strengthen your willpower.  We will always have stress, boredom, etc and each time you change your "old reaction" to stress, you create new routes in your brain.  You are training yourself how to react to problems without eating.  From what I hear, smokers and drinkers can have the impulse to drink or smoke 20 years out, so we will have to practice our new eating habits for life.  Each success builds more success.  Each failure is a learning experience so we can change the outcome the next time.   Great Job!!!

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

Nerdy_girl
on 8/3/15 10:16 am - MD

I think you should congratulate yourself for resisting the temptation rather than beating yourself up for having it. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Karen R.
on 8/3/15 11:27 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Congrats! I only hope I can be as strong as you!!!!!!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

rocky513
on 8/3/15 12:06 pm - WI

Not giving in to the little voice in your head telling you to "just do it" in a moment of extreme stress is a VICTORY!!!  CONGRATS!   You showed strength in a what could have been a moment of weakness.  If you had given in to the voice and ordered pizza, and then ate the left overs the next day simply because they were there....THAT would be the slippery slope!  Pat yourself on the back.  WELL DONE!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

beachybikegirl
on 8/3/15 12:25 pm

Hi Melissa,

I say MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS for surviving all that and not ordering the pizza!!!  

I totally understand "Mommy toddler stress!"  Last summer I was walking with my son to the park, he was 2 at the time,  he was in our jogging stroller when a car accident happened in front of us and then hit us as well crushing my son's stroller.  My son turned out to have minor injuries(praise God) but I thought I had jus****ched my son being killed in the accident. That sent me into quite the spiral.  This was all pre-surgery but I think the stress of this one event led me to the surgery.  The one thing I had going for me was being very active but after a walk to the park turned into a trip to the pediatric trauma center, my outdoor activity dramatically decreased. I say this because I understand, I don't know what can be more painful, or stressful then seeing your baby in pain, and nothing else in the world matters.  I too wa**** in the accident but I don't know what happened to me because it was all about my son.

Congrats for having the thoughts and moving past it!!!!  Yesterday I was sulking because I am at week five and only lost 1 lb this week, and I thought  why am I even bothering to follow this diet, it's not even working and isn't this supposed to be the honeymoon phase???  I had an "F-it" moment myself yesterday and thought just eat whatever it doesn't matter just like every other diet, this isn't working.  

SO FOR a MUCH LESSER reason I said "F-it."  I too moved passed the thought because I am hopeful this will work, and quite frankly being only 5 weeks out I can't eat much anyway so I don't know what kind of a food pity party I could have had because I just physically can't.

I don't thinking having those thoughts is the slippery slope, I think eating pizza for 3 days straight would be the path of the slippery slope.  We may deal with the "F-it" just have pizza" thoughts forever, but who knows what this journey will bring.  Again I say congrats for moving past the thoughts and for sharing!!!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Emiepie
on 8/3/15 3:10 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry to hear about the accident, but THRILLED that you handled the stress like a pro! You rock girl!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics