What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/4/15 5:13 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hello and happy Tuesday!  I'm a little thrown off this morning because my son was supposed to take part in a filmmaking "camp" at the library but at the last minute my husband decided it wasn't a good idea (because "reasons") so my schedule got all screwed up.  TBH, he was a little young for the program (he's 10 and it was for ages 12 and up) and he also needs to complete a book report for the first day of school that he's done none percent of.  Even so, he would have loved it and I hope they do it again next summer.

So, last night my husband and I got caught out in a monsoon-esque thunderstorm while the contents of a cargo van that my husband uses for storage of his hunting/camping/fishing stuff were spread out over the driveway.  That super sucked, because as soon as the storm passed, we had to dry everything before we could put it away and THEN go to the laundromat to wash the sleeping bags and comforters that got soaked.  I hate it when I have plans for my evening and they are shot to **** because my husband insists I "help".  I'm going to start just not doing a very good job so he'll stop asking me. 

Question of the Day!  Do you (or a family member) hunt or fish?  My husband does both and while I'm thankful when he bags a deer or catches fish to eat, I can't think of anything I'd like to do less than that.  The last time I went fishing was on our honeymoon.  It was a deep sea day trip and I'm pretty sure I cried because it was rough seas.  LOL  We're like a real life Green Acres over here.

Time since surgery:  a year and change

B:  coffee, HB egg and 34 degree crackers w/Laughing Cow

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, cheese stick and pork rinds

D:  Due to unforeseen (weather) cir****tances, I didn't have my pancake, turkey bacon and egg last night, so tonight's the night!

TOTALS:  Cals:  848  Protein:  68  Carbs:  34  Fat:  45

Give me strength to stick to this menu because last night's eats was not pretty.

mamata2
on 8/4/15 6:25 am

Good morning.  Sounds like you had a very "eventful" night AV!  I am hopeful tonight will be more relaxing.  I grew up hunting and fishing (shot a deer at 12) but no longer partake.  Not because I am against it but more because I hate nature.  Eww bugs!  My son LOVES to hunt and fish and my hubbie has started hunting again to go with our son.  I'm not a venison person but I do love DUCK!  Mmmm.  I'm also not one for lake fish but my family loves it so I'm good with free meat.

Time since surgery: 1+ year

B: Brat and Coffee with cream

S: Coffee

L: Chicken thigh with thai sweet chili sauce

S: Mixed nuts

D: Chicken thigh

S: Protein Smoothie after workout

W/V: Started

E: 5 mile run and 90 min bike

Totals: Calories 1333, Protein 72, Carbs 100, Fat 77

Have a great day :)

karenp8
on 8/4/15 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

Hi all! Got a minute to post so I will! Hubby and sons hunt and we all fish. I love ground venison and use it in place of ground beef most times. Post op 35.25 months and weight at 117.6 today. Oldest son is driving to Minneapolis to move to his new apartment today with his cat. Youngest moves to Marietta Georgia Saturday so a busy week here for sure. Hubby is driving down with him and then flying back Sunday. On track with fluids and vitamins and three miles done early with Lily. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c ground venison with taco seasoning 1/2 c broccoli D 31/2 oz pork loin and 1/2 c steamed broccoli S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have an amazing day full of great choices!

supershopper
on 8/4/15 9:42 am

I grew up in Marietta GA, my mother still lives there also. :)

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Capogirl
on 8/4/15 6:48 am

Good morning,

Sorry your night was so crummy AV. 

Big thunderstorm here this morning, started just before I was to leave for work.  Big scary lightening and thunder and pouring rain.   The lights flickered a few times but stayed on.   I waited out the worst part before I left for work. 

My daughter would have loved a film camp.  She is a huge  anime fan, writes fan fiction and draws some of the character and some of her own.  She would like to write, draw cartoons or anime as a career (of course this changes often, but always comes back to this).  I haven't been able to afford any of the local programs at art schools etc, because they are just too pricey. 

Time since surgery: 3+ months

B:  Premier protein shake

S:  HB egg

L:  Grilled Chicken

D:  Meatloaf, carrots

S:  Mary's gone crackers w/ laughing cow wedge

Cals: 802  Carbs: 25  Protein: 88  Fat: 29

AngryViking
on 8/4/15 6:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yeah, this 2 day program looked super cool.  They were going to do the whole shebang; storyboarding, acting, props, filming with iPads and editing.  Hell, I would have loved it.  LOL

You should check out your library.  Seriously, my local library has tons of stuff for kids and teens!

Capogirl
on 8/4/15 6:50 am

No hunting and fishing in this family.  Actually I used to fish with my father when I was about 12/13.  And I went deep sea fishing with an old boyfriend once and loved it.   My hubby won't go anywhere near a fishing rod, even though he is a huge fan of all seafood.

auntmimi
on 8/4/15 7:11 am

My ex-husband and his family hunt and fish a LOT! They were very poor and a large family and that is what they did to survive. My family fished for fun, not for food. Its taken me some getting use to but now I prefer the taste of venison over beef. His family is still really great about sharing with my children and I and they take my kids hunting and fishing a lot. It sure helps with the grocery bill and it helps teach them that patience and being persistent pays off. 

Today is Taco Tuesday! Yay! I would "opt" out before but now I think I am at the point where I feel like I could "indulge" in a taco. LOL

B: Atkins Vanilla Shake (eh, not that great, but will do) and Coffee

S: Jack Links Hot and Sweet-1oz

L: Salad Bar and Light dressing

S: Cucumber and Hummus (may have a shake instead, but logged this first!) 

D:1 Beef Taco(xtra veggies) and 1/3 cup black beans (my favorite!!)

S: Outshine SF popcicle

Totals: Cals 776 Carbs 67 (boo) Fat 30 Protein 65 Sugars 11

Emiepie
on 8/4/15 7:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and what a great Tuesday it shall be (if I will it to happen it CAN happen right!?!?!) Wow, taking a day and a half off leaves me with a ton of emails to get caught up on but back to school shopping is pretty much done-whoorah! Sorry to hear about the thunderstorm that rained on the pancake having parade-enjoy every morsel tonight! No hunting (unless you count hunting for good prices meat as hunting) or fishing for us. 

Time since surgery: 11 1/2 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (dried figs, apple slices, and grapes)

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: 3 Mini quinua pizza bites (another new recipe!), a string cheese and blueberry ricotta cake

S: L&F Greek chocolate on top banana yogurt with 1/2 a banana mixed in, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: 2 oz grilled steak, edamame, and blueberry ricotta cake 

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1290 Protein:102 Carbs:129 Fat:40

Now back to my emails... hope you all have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 8/4/15 8:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kristen, you are a regular Pioneer Woman!  No wifi, no cable, and hunting and fishing and bee-keeping?!  I live nowhere near any grass or trees, and I HATE bugs ****ep finding those super fast centipedes in my condo here in DC and I just about. DIE).  I buy most of my food at Trader Joe's :)

No whacky weather here - just day 12 of a high 90s heat wave.  It's going to cool down on Friday.  Which is when I leave for a week in LAS VEGAS.  Yeah, talk about heat.  

Dinner is undetermined - I am going to dinner with a vegetarian friend, but she likes veggie sushi and all kinds of stuff so we will go somewhere that I can find protein.

Time Since Surgery: 19 months

B: Two hard boiled eggs, iced coffee and cream (I got a french press to make my own coffee and it's delicious)

L: Chicken salad with light mayo and cranberries, on cracked black pepper Triscuits

S: Mango with lime, salt and hot sauce!, port salut cheese

D: TBD

E: I forced my butt up to do an hour on the elliptical this morning...yesterday I did 30 minutes of training, a barre class, and a Plyofit class.  I felt drained this am.

Totals seem to be around 1,700 calories and 80 g of protein and 120 g carbs per day.  I know I see a lot of people in maintenance at like 1,000 calories and I just don't know how you do it!  I figure I burn at least 500 calories a day in exercise so while I don't "eat back my calories", I think maybe I can maintain at a higher calorie due to my activity?  I don't know.  I weigh daily, so I can stay on top of it...

Have a great day, all!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 100 views