Three months out....pain

Marys1521
on 7/31/15 7:55 pm

i recently have developed pain in my upper abdomen when breathing in and out. My stomach hurts. I can't eat much. I also had a lot of blood in my stools today. I don't have my gall bladder. Do you have any thoughts about what this could be? If I'm not better on Monday, then I'll make a doctor's appointment. I don't know if that should be with my family doctor or with my surgeon...

lynnc99
on 7/31/15 8:03 pm

Blood in the stool is something I wouldn't mess around with. I'd try to get hold of someone tomorrow....till then stick with very gentle eating or liquids only. 

Roma
on 7/31/15 8:33 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

I agree. Blood in the stool can be quite serious. If the pain keeps up , it might be a good idea to visit the ER soon.

I hope it clears up soon.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

diane48
on 7/31/15 9:37 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

"a lot of blood in my stool" is a medical emergency and you should go to an emergency room now.  Do not wait. 

A member once posted about a problem that she had and I kept thinking that she needs medical help now even though she said that she was in contact with her Dr. by phone.  She died that night.  Please go to an ER.

Eggface
on 8/1/15 10:34 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I hope you decided to head to the ER... pain, blood in your BMs not something to wait on. If I was placing a bet I'd say ulcer but it's only something a Dr can diagnose... and if you are not eating, you definitely want to go before you get weak. 

Please check in and let us know how you are doing. Good thoughts & prayers being sent.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

lynnc99
on 8/2/15 10:46 pm

Mary can you let us know how you are doing?

Marys1521
on 8/3/15 5:55 am

I am feeling a lot better. The pain has gone. I have not had any more blood. If I had ANY more, I had promised myself I'd go to the ER. I also read that bright red blood was not as much of a concern as dark blood. I'd like to thank EVERYONE for your responses and your concern! Mary

Felicity Q.
on 8/3/15 6:59 am
DS on 09/28/15

I'm glad you are feeling better, Mary - I was worrying!

What you said about blood color in the stool is true - if it is dark, then it's more of a cause for concern than bright red. Might be TMI, but I had some bright red in my stool and it turned out to be a hemorrhoid! Gross, I know. Still don't put off going to the doctor!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

catwoman7
on 8/3/15 8:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - bright red is often due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures.  Dark red is from further up the digestive tract and is usually more serious.  From what I've been told by my PCP, anyway.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 496 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?