hair loss

kokosuggs
on 8/2/15 7:15 pm

Heys guys..it's been a while since I've been here..I'm almost 7 months out & desperate for some info about hair loss..actually I started getting thin on top b4 my WLS...(my Mom also has thinned hair) I'm 47 & always had a head full of long hair..I know the weight loss is worth it but just having a hard time fixing my hair...  I see a few things on the shelf at drugstores but don't know if anything truly works..

also how much Biotin is the right amount?

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

kokosuggs
on 8/2/15 7:40 pm

well since I've put this post up I seen where lots of ppl say no to Biotin...or talk about the hair growth on face etc...

anyone familier with women's Rogaine?

hl1524
on 8/2/15 8:08 pm - Austin, TX

The best thing you can do is To make sure you are getting your protein and vitamins in. 

RNY 8/27/2014

bublegirl1
on 8/2/15 11:57 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I'm 8 months out and am just starting to have re growth. I too already had thin hair on top but nothing like how bad it got! My hair dresser turned me on to hair fibers and they have been a life saver! You can get them at a beauty supply store but are expensive. I get mine on eBay. They have all hair colors. Just type in hair fibers light brown etc...  Make sure you get one with a shaker bottle. After that you can just buy refills like I do. Hope this helps!

-Amie

kokosuggs
on 8/3/15 6:43 am

Thanks!  I'm desperate. Never heard of this but willing to try 😊

crob50
on 8/26/15 10:53 am
with

I had RNY on May 18, 2015.  My hair started lightly shedding around 2 1/2 months.  It is not real bad but I already have thinning hair.  I cut it all off and started over.  I am planning to wear wigs for now.  Based on what I have read, you can expect the hair loss to start between 3-6 months and by 9 months it's all over and the hair starts to regrow.  I prepared myself by just cutting it off.  My face is getting smaller so the short hair is looking better.  I am looking forward to the new growth and new style.  I agree with all the others.  A thin body with no hair is more preferred.  There are so many fashionable wigs now that I don't think about my own hair very much.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/15 3:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Biotin won't keep your hair from falling out, though it may help it grow back. The recommended dose on the back of the bottle should be fine.

I used "Toppik" brand hair fiber, I found it on Amazon. It worked pretty well to cover things up on my scalp, though some days I was lazy and just used brown eyeshadow!

Have you tried talking to a stylist about a 'do that can help? Going with layers, or even a shorter style, may help things as you grow it back out.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

robinreinhardt
on 8/3/15 4:51 pm

I know it is so hard. I agree just make sure you get your protein and vitamins in. And from what I learn here, it will come back. Good luck.

Love to you,

Robin

mariarturner
on 9/10/15 5:28 am

You can’t stop the hair loss unfortunately as your follicles are already in the resting phase, but you can take vitamins to assist the regrowth and the hair structure quality. I think your best bet is to take some HSN like I do and just buy a nice wig or do what others are saying here and buy fibers. I’m sorry that you’re going through this. I know it’s scary. I take Vita4Life HSN and I love the product. I was only going to take it for a few months when I began noticing hair loss but I continued after it stopped. I really like the way my hair looks and despite what others say, I haven’t noticed any unusual hair growth. Good luck hun.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics