Seriously??? SERIOUSLY?!?!

sqlchick19
on 8/4/15 6:29 am
RNY on 12/15/14

I am 8 months out and 99.2 lbs down (yay!!!)...but I now have HORRIBLE fibromyalgia.

I've posted about this before...but just need to vent.  Obviously anti-inflammatories are out of the question.  The drugs they have to treat have terrible side effects including weight gain...so I'm avoiding asking as I can.  Yoga, stretching makes it worse.  Massage makes it worse.  Too painful to exercise.

i started turmeric and a good probiotic...I hear it takes a little while to kick in.  Waiting...

The worst part is so many people say when they see me "you look great!  How do you FEEL?"  And  although I much more comfortable in my skin now,  and am grateful I was given this gift of surgery...honestly I feel MUCH worse now than I did nearly 100 lbs heavier.  How is this possible?  I was more agile and moved better 100 heavier????

I know I'll eventually get this pain thing under control...and don't want to sound ungrateful (because I'm forever grateful that the weight is coming off),  but just needed to vent.   Thanks for listening ;)))

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Catherine-Mo
on 8/4/15 6:49 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Sorry for your pain.  I'm guessing the fibromyalgia would be this way even if you were 100 pounds heavier and then it would even be worse.  Not being able to take NSAIDS sucks.  I have a friend who takes Cymbalta and that helps her.  I take it for depression and it hasn't impacted my weight.  Just a thought to run by your doctor.  Feel free to vent here anytime.  That is what these boards are for!!

auntmimi
on 8/4/15 6:55 am

So sorry to hear of your pain. My prayers are with you 

Karen R.
on 8/4/15 6:58 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Congrats on your weight loss, that is great! I too take Cymbalta, but for neuropathy and I have had no weight gain associated with it. I does make me tired though. Hang in there this too will pass.

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/15 8:35 am

google SIBO and fibromyalgia. As RNY - we may be prone to SIBO...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Doingrightin2015
on 8/4/15 3:36 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I agree with another poster. You could still have had this 100 lbs heavier and it would be worse. Fibromyalgia has flairs and they can act up an last for weeks to months and then get better. Talk to your doctor about other non nsaid pain relievers and see if that will help.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?