What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/20/15 5:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  It's such a beautiful morning here today; I just want to sit on the deck with my coffee and enjoy the warm breeze.  But, noooooo.  Because bills, etc. 

I've been musing about something that came up in another thread here, about having a body "set point" and if your body becomes accustomed to a certain weight.  All through my teens and 20s I would yo-yo between my high weight of 310-ish and whatever weight I was able to lose, always gaining back up to that "set point".  In 2001-2, thanks to Weigh****chers and ephedrine (lol) I got down to exactly where I am right now, a weight I maintained for about 3 years, before ballooning back up to my high weight "set point" once again.  I'm wondering if this is my low weight set point.  I do know that it's really hard right now, both mentally and to a point physically, to keep on keepin' on, know what I mean?  My goal weight is 145, which seems both attainable and ludicrous.  This has been a glimpse into the meditative inner life of a fat girl.  LOL

Time since surgery:  1 year, 1 month

B:  coffee, 2 HB eggs and a piece of whole grain toast

S:  Click Mocha

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  2 Johnsonville turkey cheddar links

TOTALS:  Cals:  887  Protein:  92  Carbs:  40  Fat:  38

Who's up?

Sarahakers11
on 8/20/15 5:44 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

2 years and 2 months out

coffee with big train chocolate protein

2 eggs with mushrooms and veggies

plain Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and banana with granola

(lunch I have to figure out I brought chicken sauaage and veggies but turns out the chicken sausage has a collagen casing and I'm allergic soooo probably a salad)

blue apron cod with fergola salad

snacks - orange, nectarine

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Dcgirl
on 8/20/15 5:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That is such an interesting question, Kristen!  I sort of feel like right now my body has "settled" where it wants to be, which is 5 lbs higher than the arbitrary goal I had set for myself.  But then, I think to myself, that's sort of an excuse and your weight is 5 lbs higher because you just went and drank for a week in Vegas, and you have pita chips, and did you need to have half of a grilled cheese sandwich?  So if I am honest, I don't think I am at my body's set point, I think I have gotten lax.  This is a great thing to make us all think about, however.

Today's menu looks good.  No workout planned, so my calories should be able to stay lower.

B: 2 hardboiled eggs, 5 green olives, half an ounce of manchego cheese

L: Tuna made with light mayo and onions on reduced fat pita chips

D: BBQ tofu and vegan mac and cheese and kale with garlic

S: Port salut cheese

Totals are 1,300 calories, 80 protein, 50 carbs

Have a great day, all!

melissasue1982
on 8/20/15 6:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have NO IDEA about body set points etc!  I have been fat my whole life, well I did lose down to 205 on my own once......it literally look me 8 YEARS to lose 125 lbs! HAHAHA  I didnt stay there long though and went back up.  I am now 202.2, which is less then my lowest adult weight.  I hope to get to 150 at least...we'll see what the future brings for me :)

4 Months 2 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

S: Baybel light cheese

L: 2oz roasted chicken breast (deli meat), 1 tbsp roasted garlic hummus

S: Dannon L&F Greek toasted coconut yogurt

D: 1/2 chicken sausage, 1/4c homemade brussel sprout salad

Totals: Cals: 546  Protein: 75  Carbs: 23  Fat: 18

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Capogirl
on 8/20/15 6:29 am

Interesting insight AV.  Until I had my first child at 31, I was always between 145 and 160 lbs.  I did get up to 185 before I got pregnant, but never got below 220 after.  After I had my second child (at age 40) I could not get below 260, I went up to almost 300 when I was on ACTOS, which I stopped because it was similar to Avandia which was taken off the market.  When I went off of that I lost 30 lb sin 2 months.   

I have been on Metformin for 12 years as a type II diabetic.  I am still taking 500 mg per day because my sugar is still a bit high.  Hopefully I will be off completely soon.   When I started this journey last October, I was 266 at my consultation.  I had a difficult time losing enough weight for my surgeon and NUT to OK the surgery.  On surgery day I was 241.5, today is my 4 month surgiversary and I was 186 today.   So I don't think I know what my set point is.  I've been all over the place.  I've set a goal of 240 and hope that I can really get to 130 where I will finally be normal weight.  I am only 5'2".

Time since surgery :  4 months

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Grilled chicken ceasar salad (cardini's light dressing)

D:  ?  Going to my sister-in-laws my neice from Virginia and her children are visiting.  Probably salad and pizza, so I'll have to find something quick at home before I go.

S:  sf pudding

Capogirl
on 8/20/15 6:30 am

A goal of 140, not 240.  Typo queen.

Felicity Q.
on 8/20/15 6:30 am
DS on 09/28/15

Good Morning! I am enjoying some wonderful weather this morning. It's a cool 63 degrees outside where I live (overnight it's been in the 90's!) so we left all of our windows open last night. Although I can't go outside and enjoy it, I am enjoying a chilly home office and the sounds of birds chirping for my work day this morning.

I've had a few 'set weights' myself... for the past 8 years or so it's been about 340. At one point I got as high as 380 and lost down to about 320 but 340 is where my body wants to stay in recent years, even after the lap-band.  Before then, the set weight was 250, and no matter what I tried diet-wise, I was pretty stuck.  I have no idea what my lower set weight will be, since the goal I set for myself is 140... hopefully its 140!  Since I haven't been under 200lb since I was 14 years old, I have no concept!  Here's to hoping I find out soon. :)

Surgery Status: I find out today if I am approved!  I couldn't sleep last niight.. it was like Christmas Eve as a kid!

B: Coffee Protein Powder, ¾c Unsweetened Soy Milk

S: Babybel Light Cheese

L: Leftover Chili Verde (Probably half serving for lunch and half serving for dinner)

D: 2oz Jack Links S&H Beef Jerky

S: Dannon L&F Greek Yogurt (Maybe, if still hungry… logging it anyway)

TOTALS:  Calories:  926   |  Carbs:  33  |  Fat:  36 |  Protein:  115  |  Fiber: 4 | Sugar:  21

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Emiepie
on 8/20/15 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck today, keep us posted.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

LadyBaltimore
on 8/20/15 6:44 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Good morning everyone-  Today is going to be an interesting day, trying to figure out where I can buy a "modest bathing suit," meaning one that consists of leggings and a long sleeved shirt. (I'm considering taking up swimming for exercise.)  Good times!

3 weeks and 4 days post-surgery.

B: protein shake

S: coffee

L: protein shake and tomato soup

S: coffee

D: protein shake and cheese

Cals: 610 Protein: 73.5 g  H2O: at least 48 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

Call me a Flipper wannabe,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

mamata2
on 8/20/15 7:30 am

swimoutlet.com has some great tech suits (high neck to knee) at http://www.swimoutlet.com/tech-suits-c14013/

Good luck :)  As long as the suit is comfortable in the water I could give a flying squirrel about qhat it looks like out of it ;)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 22 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?