Surgery date is approaching

Boxerz2
on 8/29/15 9:37 pm - Davenport, IA

My surgery is scheduled for September 21. Starting to get a little nervous!

DanaDenise
on 8/29/15 9:43 pm

It is only natural to be nervous, and the first two weeks are rough!  But, as my primary physician told me, "You'll add at least 10 years to your life!"  That puts it all into perspective!

Boxerz2
on 8/29/15 9:48 pm - Davenport, IA

This is true, been working towards this date for a long time. Now it's only 3 weeks away. I know the road will be tough but rewarding. Thanks for the nice encouraging words.

simonesweetz
on 8/29/15 11:12 pm - Arlington, VA
RNY on 09/23/15 with

Hi,

My surgery date is September 23rd so I know exactly how you feel! I totally feel like I'm nesting with all the post-op supplies, nervous from the wait, and excited all at the same time. Best wishes and I can't wait to join you on the loser's bench in September.

S.

HW - 234 CW - 228

Boxerz2
on 8/30/15 7:09 pm - Davenport, IA

Only two days apart, that is cool. I have my meeting tomorrow with the nurse, surgeon and dietitian to provide me with the necessary supplies and everything I'll need post-op.  Bill

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 6:47 am

Totally normal to feel this way. When I would get nervous I would write a list of things I would be able to do when I lose weight. 

Best wishes to you. 

Boxerz2
on 8/30/15 7:05 pm - Davenport, IA

Great idea, I'll look into this. I have a long list. Thanks!

Karen R.
on 8/30/15 6:58 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

My surgery is Sept. 10th and I've been stressing for some time. Not over have surgery, but If I am really making a good choice.  My lap band was a complication mess, I don't want to make another bad choice.  After multiple conversations with all my providers, they agree I have a great surgeon and the surgery would be beneficial to my health. 

So yes, all this stressing goes with the territory. Best wishes-Karen

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Boxerz2
on 8/30/15 7:05 am - Davenport, IA

Karen,

Good luck with your surgery, keep me posted on how your doing. If you don't mind since our is so close can we keep in touch as moral support and to see how each is doing? Since I am new to this site I do not know how to add someone as a friend. Kind regards - Bill

DWeiss
on 8/30/15 6:55 pm
RNY on 09/08/15

My surgery is September 8th.  Wi**** was tomorrow I am so ready to start my new life as a thn, healthy person!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics