hello there!

mizzmegan
on 9/1/15 12:20 pm

Hi everyone! My name is megan and i have been lurking on these boards for years now. I figured today was a good day to post because i just got back from having my EGD done. Everything is becoming very real and today was the first day that i really felt like this was actually going to happen. I tried to start the process once before but i didnt follow through with the 6 month diet. I am on staywell medicaid and it hasnt been an easy journey. I jave finally fonished my 6 month diet and now my EGD. My next step is my nutrition class (9/23) and my psych eval (9/30) I am looking fot any advice i can get and any kind words are accepted. Im at this point where i want it to hurry up and happen but it also feels like its happening so fast. I guess until i have my approval it wont feel completely real. Thanks everyone!

supershopper
on 9/1/15 2:21 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. EGD next week- already see the dietitian monthly and psyh eval done.

I have to wait until nov until they can file insurance

than I will know for sure if they will approve. If I had any advice it would be to make sure you have a handle on (or as much as you can) the eating part that also includes any emotional/stress eating. They made me cut out pork, beef from the beginning, plus the 30 min eating drinking rule so it has been helpful practicing it from the beginning.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

mizzmegan
on 9/1/15 2:29 pm

Changing my eating habits is one of the most difficult things ive had to face. I know its so important but i am holding onto my bad eating for dear life. I have seen my PCP monthly for 6 months and i havent lost a pound. This worries me because I want my surgeon to know im serious about this but its been very difficult. Have you lost weight with your dietician? 

AnneL
on 9/1/15 2:39 pm

I also held on to bad eating and found my process was delayed until I took some action. Had surgery 7/31. Now adjusting to the new life approach.

best to you. 

mizzmegan
on 9/1/15 2:40 pm

Your surgery was delayed because you didnt lose weight?

rocky513
on 9/1/15 3:28 pm - WI

Surgeons don't like weight loss surgery failures to show up on their statistics and will often delay or cancel surgery if you do not show proof that you are willing to do the hard work of sticking to the program.  

If you want the surgery, I would suggest you buckle down and work hard at the pre-op diet plan you were given.  You will have to change EVERYTHING about the way you relate to food after surgery.  It's not easy.  You should be using this time before surgery to prepare yourself for the work ahead.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

mizzmegan
on 9/1/15 3:50 pm

Thank you for your advice. I know in my heart that its true but Its hard to get your mind to agree. Im going to use the next month before my surgery to crack down and straighten up. 

cc583
on 9/1/15 5:34 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

You can do it! I have been able to lose over 30 lbs in about 1 1/2  months in preparation for my surgery with the diet that my the dietician gave me. If you take a look around this website you will see just how important it is to work on changing your eating habits before surgery because once you come out of surgery it is a whole new world that you need to adjust to otherwise your body will react in a not so pretty way. This is a great place to be and you can learn so much. Everyone is here to support you and at the same time they will be very truthful with you if you are doing something wrong. Good luck with everything and remember if you want it bad enough YOU CAN DO IT!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

AnneL
on 9/1/15 5:33 pm

Correct. The nutritionist did not clear me. Delayed two weeks until I showed more commitment.probably good for me....I test rules and limits. 

mizzmegan
on 9/2/15 4:55 am

LOL Dont we all!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views