Caffeine pills

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 7:16 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Has anyone taken caffeine pills when they were allowed caffeine again? My only caffeine intake before was diet Coke, which I can't drink now. I don't like hot drinks or coffee. But I noticed that when I was taking Midol last week (which has caffeine in it), I felt much more awake in the mornings, like I did pre-op when drinking caffeine. Does anyone know if they're safe? I'd probably cut them into quarters for a low dosage. I don't miss working nights, but even after 2.5 years, starting work at 7am is still rough.

White Dove
on 9/2/15 7:57 am - Warren, OH

I did the 5 hour energy drinks for a while, but they gave me terrible leg pain and I quit the caffeine completely. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

M. P.
on 9/2/15 10:21 am
RNY on 03/07/17

What about the MiO water enhancing drops? They have caffeine and vitamins. And you can just add them to your water at whatever amount you want for flavor/energy.  Walmart even offers a knock of cheaper one.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 10:43 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Ooh, I drink the orange and grape Crush squeeze-ins all day. I didn't know they made caffeinated ones, thanks! I used to use the Crystal Light Energy packets but they had way too much caffeine and gave my heart palpitations.

sor09
on 9/2/15 5:43 pm

Tested positive for H. Pylori (bacteria in gut that causes ulcers), so caffeine is out forever... finding vitamins and a good balanced Bariatric food list and menu are working. I love sweet iced tea, but the caffeine gets to me. I can actually feel hot spots... possibly pre ulcer sites which can get worse worth higher caffeine consumptions. Taking a trip to ER? Did the math, and found it's not worth it. I miss it but the trade off is better quality of life and health.

Pokemom
on 9/3/15 9:37 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I took some No-Doz a few weeks ago when driving solo on a long road trip where I had to meet an arrival deadline.  I took 1/2 pill because I thought I would probably absorb it more quickly.  I had loads of energy.  But I was so incredibly jittery, and really angry.  Everything really set me off.  Not sure I would do it again.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/15 7:57 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Oh geez! Do you remember how many milligrams you took? Pre-op my daily caffeine intake was a diet soda a day, which if I'm remembering correctly had 30-50mg.

aesposito
on 9/4/15 8:48 am

Took caffeine pills once before a long drive.  I had a full-on, shaky, panicky anxiety attack midway through the drive and had to call my bestie to calm me down before I drove off the road.

Mind you I live off Diet Mountain Dew and Rockstar Recovery, so this took me as a complete surprise.  Obviously my body absorbed the pills differently than the drinks.  So I stick to the drinks.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics