Excruciating pain in stomach and radiates to back. Been to ER and GP.

Belindag
on 9/2/15 10:49 am - Galloway, NJ

Treated with antacid meds.  No relief.  I have an appointment with my gastric surgeon today. I had my operation 2005, no problems.  Never even threw up.  Lost 135 lb.  regained 40 lbs.  reason I haven't followed up with surgeon.  Saw him 8 yrs ago.  Has anyone had this kind of problem?  I'm worried.thanks.

Belinda

mamata2
on 9/2/15 10:52 am

Had something similar, ending up being a bleeding ulcer.

jazzycatz
on 9/2/15 11:13 am - Joppa, MD

I had sludge in my pancreatic duct. It was agonizing but started a bit higher than my stomach and radiated to the back.

Had to go in through my remant stomach to get to it to clean it up and make sure it was open.

jenorama
on 9/2/15 11:16 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I went through a bout of gastritis that felt like really bad gas pressure and would radiate around my left side to my back, right where my doc said the stomach is.  I had to cut down on caffeine and take prilosec for a few weeks.  Now I just allow myself one caffeine drink a day and no recurrence.  I hope you get your pain figured out!

Jen

ChristineB
on 9/2/15 11:29 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On September 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, Belindag wrote:

Treated with antacid meds.  No relief.  I have an appointment with my gastric surgeon today. I had my operation 2005, no problems.  Never even threw up.  Lost 135 lb.  regained 40 lbs.  reason I haven't followed up with surgeon.  Saw him 8 yrs ago.  Has anyone had this kind of problem?  I'm worried.thanks.

Probably your gall bladder. It is nothing to mess with. I let mine go for 18 months and ended up in the hospital for 117 days (yes 117) August 30th to Christmas Eve Day.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

sparkling_dawn
on 9/3/15 2:11 pm - New Castle, IN

I had similar issues with GERD and with a peptic ulcer last year. See what the doc says. He'll probably order an endo and/or an upper GI. You might try Pepcid and/or milk to see if that relieves the pain.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics