What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/2/15 5:25 am, edited 9/2/15 5:46 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Wednesday morning and a happy hump day to all!  You guys, I'm mentally struggling right now.  I'm so close to goal, and it's like my scumbag brain knows it and it's telling me to eat ALL the things.  I have to constantly keep reminding myself that I can't eat like a regular person.  And, AND, my husband has suddenly decided that he thinks I don't eat enough.  Are you effing kidding me?!  I have to constantly remind him, too, that my anatomy is not the same as his and I physically can't eat another bite.  Uuuggghhhh... 

So I'm sending out the Batsignal to you guys:  tell me what you do to keep your hand outta the Combos bag.  I can only paint my nails so many times; it can't be good for them to use that much polish remover.  LOL

Time since surgery:  1 year, 6 weeks

B:  coffee, string cheese and 1/2 oz. wasabi roasted edamame

S:  Click Mocha

L:  the last of the leftover venison chili casserole

D:  black bean burger with a Laughing Cow wedge and an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  868  Protein:  78  Carbs:  61  Fat:  36

Have a great day!

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 5:44 am

I think our head thinks when we get to our weight goal the journey is done like it was with other diets. This is a learning process we have to go through.

I think you coming here is a good thing. Most of us understand being MO. Where most of our thin friends have no clue with what we go through on a daily basis. Whoever brought the combos in the house needs to hide them from you. I know if something like that was in the house I would be housing them. I do have my kids hide some of their snacks from me. I know it sounds silly but I know so many are trigger foods.

I have set a goal for me to lose 25 to 30 more pounds. There is a purse I want. It is over 200 bucks. I will not buy it till I am down the my weight-loss goal.

I know enough rambling. 

B:Sugar-free hot cocoa/ Egg white omelet with chicken sausage and spinach

L:Protein bar since I am getting my hair done I can't wait it is driving me crazy

D:I made taco salad the last two nights so I think I am going to make the leftovers into chili

S:Cheese stick/Ricotta with some splenda and strawberries with a touch of cinnamon 

I have gotten 40oz of water in. Vitamins are in. Exercise not sure yet. 

Have a good day.

Emiepie
on 9/2/15 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have fun getting your hair done!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 9/2/15 6:15 am

Good morning,

I wish I had some good advice for you AV, other than don't let the Combos into your house.  I've been pretty lucky so far, those other people in my house haven't been buying too many things that I crave, except for sour cream and onion chips and it has been difficult knowing they are there.  I did give in and took a few once.  Thank goodness they are gone and I have asked them to hide them if they buy them.  I can go without the regular chips, but the sour cream and onion could be my downfall. 

I also wish they would stop eating all my babybels so they are there when I need a snack.  Yesterday they were all gone AGAIN.  I don't mind sharing, but don't leave me with none.

Time since surgery:  4 months

B:  Premier Protein Shake

S:  4 Strawberries

L:  Turkey burger (no bun)

D: ?  Hubby's day off, whatever he decides to make

S:  Mary's gone crackers and babybel light

AngryViking
on 9/2/15 6:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I mean Combos in a metaphoric sense.  LOL 

melissasue1982
on 9/2/15 8:11 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Man I used to love those suckers!!  ugh  I still find myself taking a double take when I see them at the store! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

peachpie
on 9/2/15 6:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Tell me what you do to keep your hand outta the Combos bag. Snarky answer: don't buy combos :-) Easier said then done I know... I refuse to not buy things I know my kids enjoy because *my* self-control is lacking. I tend to ask myself before I reach in the Oreo bag if I've met protein goal-- if the answer is no I search for a more protein friendly item to eat. I hadn't heard of paint nails to distract from eating; I would chew gum. Something about chewing gum and not wanting to have the fresh breath taste 'ruined' by food would keep me honest. 

Time since surgery:  4 months

B:  1 fired egg w/ 1/2 slice cheese; 2 slices Virginia ham

S: Cheese stick and fruit cup

L:  Deli roast beef and cheese

D:  I've threatened to eat spaghetti sauce w/ ground beef & ricotta the past two days-- maybe today i'll actually eat it!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

karenp8
on 9/2/15 6:26 am - Brighton, IL

There are a couple ways I keep myself from grabbing foods my body doesn't need. Number one is to keep foods that trigger overeating in me out of my house. If hubby or the boys buy something that tempts me it goes in the back in the cupboard where I can't easily see it. The second is by keeping my before,all 272 pounds of me,posted on myfrig. If I see it it makes me pause and think! Do I really NEED that snack after all? Three miles done with Lily at the park and on track with vitamins and fluids so far. Post op 3 years and weight at 117.4 pounds today. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and 1/2 a nectarine with peanut butter L 31/2 oz rotisserie chicken with 1/2 c green beans from the garden D not sure as we are going out for our 25th anniversary but probably some kind of steak. Also a cheese stick in the afternoon and yogurt at bedtime if needed. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

AngryViking
on 9/2/15 6:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I do have a picture on my fridge, but I think I've grown so used to it I don't really *see* it anymore.  Time for a new fat picture!

lcraver
on 9/2/15 7:46 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I put my drivers license from 1984 on my fridge... I was a little hottie! Of course, I was unaware of it at the time because I weighed, gasp, 140 lbs! I keep it at eye level right above the door handle.  

I think I need to put something on the cabinet where we keep crackers and all of that carb-y crap!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 246 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics