Weight gain

miss_moneypenny
on 9/4/15 11:37 am

Just wondering if anyone has experienced weight gain 1.5 months out from RNY?  I wasn't freaking out about not losing a pound every day or anything but now I'm getting worried because I wake up heavier than when i went to bed?!?  

LadyBaltimore
on 9/4/15 12:15 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi miss_moneypenny-

I had this same experience, and I'm one month and a week and a half out.  I went to my GP, got weighed, and then later that week, got weighed at my surgeon's office.  There was a three pound difference, which terrified me.

I had also started my period the day before, and was informed by the nurse (and my therapist later) that the weight gain on your period is absolutely normal, as your body is retaining water.  

I don't know if you're in the same boat, though.  

Are you using the same scale?  

*hugs*

You can do this,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/15 1:04 pm

Make sure you are measuring and following your plan. It may be from salt retention. 

miss_moneypenny
on 9/4/15 1:22 pm

Sadly, this was just AFTER my period and a WHOLE pound up and knowing i had even eat less that day than previous days!

boxtop2006
on 9/4/15 2:25 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

Not to be too nosey but did you by chance not have a BM?  Sometimes that will cause your weight to go up, also if you are retaining water, I seriously doubt it is an actual gain.  Tomorrow you'll wake up and the scale will be even lower than it was yesterday. Good Luck!!!

Melissa

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Kathyjs
on 9/4/15 2:40 pm

In the first year you will notice a few pounds gained right before you lose a bunch. 

HKT53
on 9/4/15 5:50 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh I like to hear this. Hoping this is in same strand as moneypenny. I was so frustrated last week to be up a pound and for a whole week stayed at that weight. I blame myself not drinking enough water. Sip sip sip, flush, flush, flush out the fat. I'm trying to get the water in because I really have been following the plan.

thks Kathyjs and let me know moneypenny how soon that pound disappears. Look at us worried about one pound!!!

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Kathyjs
on 9/4/15 7:26 pm

I so understand. Been there. I gained 4 pounds since last year. Weigh once a year now, I go by jean size. But I freaked !!! GF says omg it's only 4 pounds. Wellll she doesn't understand and I got my butt in gear and got rid of those 4 plus a couple for good measure . 

miss_moneypenny
on 9/4/15 8:59 pm

I wasn't "too" worried over the "stall" but after going up a pound after barely losing much since surgery, startin to feel little defeated...

Valapp
on 9/5/15 9:35 am

Thank you so much for posting this.  I am 5 weeks post op for conversion from lap band to RNY.  I lost 26 pounds and then stalled.  I have been at the same weight for at least ten days and was getting very frustrated.  I know I am following the plan my nut gave me, getting in all my water and exercising 5 days a week.  Your statement about it taking an extra 3500 calories made sense to me.  I get it now. I just have to be patient.  I guess I just want this to work so badly after so many failures before, I have just been beating myself up.  Thanks for the "light bulb" moment. 

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views