Sometimes I have to put everything into perspective

losing_the_band
on 9/19/15 11:09 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

I just had my band-to-bypass surgery a little over 3 weeks ago now.  I'm trying to make sure I weigh myself only once a week, since I got obsessed with the scale when I first had my band surgery, and I don't want to do that again.  When I last weighed myself around the middle of this past week, I was down 15 pounds.  I've caught myself looking at other people's weight-loss stats and thinking, "Why can't I lose that much that quickly?"  I finally realized that I need to put my weight loss into perspective with MY overall stats, not theirs.  To get to my target weight (135), I need to lose 83 pounds from my day-of-surgery weight.  15 pounds is almost 20 percent of my excess weight, and it drops me almost into the "obese" BMI category, instead of the "severely obese" category!

I can't believe after 8 years of doing this, I still have to remind myself that we shouldn't be comparing our weight loss to anyone else's.  We're all going to lose at different rates, because we all have different body types, activity levels, prescribed diets, etc. 

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

karenp8
on 9/21/15 6:05 am - Brighton, IL

What a great pers0ective! Thanks for sharing!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics