What's on Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 10/1/15 8:38 am
RNY on 04/06/15

So I have been refreshing, and refreshing and refreshing....I hope everything is ok AV!!! 

Question of the day: what was the last recipe you tried and lOVED??

5 Months 3 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 2 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

L: 1/2 Old Neighborhood Chinese sausage, 1/2c raw green beans with 2 tbsp Trader joe's reduced guilt spinach & kale greek yogurt dip

S: 2 Baybel cheese

D: Homemade Gyro meatballs with 0% greek yogurt Tzatziki sauce recipe here

Totals: Cals: 646  Protein: 79  Carbs: 31  Fat: 23

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 10/1/15 8:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I have been clicking back every once in awhile checking in. Yes, hope all is ok for sure. My fav recipe at the moment is my blueberry ricotta bake :)

Time since surgery: 1 year + 1 month

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices, dried figs and grapes)

L: Grilled chicken salad with apple and walnuts, baby carrots and blueberry ricotta bake

S: Quest pumpkin pie bar and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Cloud bread, sweet and spicy tuna, light and fit yogurt and some artic zero

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1109 Protein:108 Carbs:116 Fat:28

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

phibbmom
on 10/1/15 9:05 am

I think I will have to go by Vitamin Shoppe today to find Pumpkin Quest bars!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AnnyBananny
on 10/1/15 9:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks again for the blueberry ricotta bake recipe - it was awesome, as you'll read in my post!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

melissasue1982
on 10/1/15 9:23 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am not a huge fan of ricotta for some reason, but I really need to try this recipe!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

LadyBaltimore
on 10/1/15 8:55 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Thanks for starting this thread, Melissasue!  I was refreshing as well-  (Sending out positive thoughts to you, AV!!!)

I can't cook worth a darn, so sad to say-  The most recent "recipe" I've tried is making a chocolate protein shake.  *blushes*  I did add ground cinnamon to it, though, so that did make a difference!

I basically stuck to my eating plan yesterday, though I did have a slightly lower caloric intake than anticipated.

Two months and 4 days since surgery

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: Coffee

Lunch: Miso Maple Marinated Salmon with Daikon Cucumber Relish (I arranged for catering at my job and will be partaking-  No idea of the cals, though!  Maybe 300?) 

Snack: Protein shake

Dinner: Two meatballs with a splash of marinara dressing (A friend is making this, so I'll need to ask her recipe so I can look up the cals) 

W/V: Started

E: Walking as much as I can-  waiting for my leg to heal before swimming next week.

Cals: Probably around 850  Prot: about 80 g  H2O: At least 48 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

Guessing game,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

stacyrg
on 10/1/15 9:05 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning and thanks for starting the thread, Melissasue!  Reading all the posts is one of the highlights of my morning.  Hope all is well with AV and that she just had a busy morning!  My favorite recipe at the moment is for pesto chicken with roasted tomato and mozzarella.  It's delish!  My menu today is up in the air.  I ran out of ground turkey which is my breakfast go-to and had to improvise.  Also, it's another one of my "eat back every calorie I burn" days so with my menu as planned, I'm going to be about 500 cal. short.  I'm going to have to figure out some protein forward snacks pronto!  I'm about ready to throw in the towel on the exercise and become a serious couch potato for the next 6 weeks until my next Dr. appt.  I never thought I'd say this but I'm tired of eating and thinking about food ALL DAY LONG . . .

Anny - How did your beau enjoy dinner???  Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Menu as it stands:

B:  Overnight oats

S: Somersaults, salami and provolone roll up

L:  Leftover Tri-tip and Asian cabbage salad

S: Kind bar and Skinny Vanilla Latte

D: Pesto shrimp and ceasar salad

S:????

Exercise:  Kick boxing class where I usually burn a minimum of 600 calories that I have to eat back.  Ugh

Totals: Cal.: 1229; Protein 96g; fat: 67g; Carbs: 63g

AnnyBananny
on 10/1/15 9:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It was good! Like I said, he's totally a man-child in the kitchen, so anything that isn't directly from the freezer or can would most likely impress him. And I loved that I could just buy a single roll from the grocery store bakery to make his meal more "normal" and keep mine WLS-friendly.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

phibbmom
on 10/1/15 9:10 am

Good morning ladies!  Okay really afternoon, but anyhow - AV I hope all is well!

The last recipe I tried and loved was P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps (made in a low carb way).  I found it on the internet.  My daughter (who begged me to make it) liked it better than the P.F. Chang version because I left out the mushrooms.  It was lots of chopping, but I made a double batch and had lots left over for the next day.  The whole family loved it.

Almost 1 year since surgery

B:  2 eggs, 2 bacon

L:  7 steamed shrimp, 1 new potato, tbsp guac

S:  1/2 protein shake

D:  turkey dinner at a favorite local dig (it is my latest food obsession)

S:  protein pudding

V/W:  started

Exercise:  I am thinking I will do a bob harper video today.

Prepping for Joaquin . . . cleaned out my walkout well and have my wetvac ready.  It's been raining all night and all morning. 

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

NYMom222
on 10/1/15 9:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Gad you changed your pic! It looks great.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 166 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views