Final countdown and nerves taking over

Newchapterbegins
on 10/4/15 11:01 am

5 opti packets left till surgery and nerves have taken over. Has anyone gone thru the 2nd doubts once this stage came.

I was excited to begin my opti stage and knowing that surgery was just weeks away but now that it's so close I'm so nervous of the unknown. Talked to so many and have heard both positive and negative experiences from other members and nerves now have me 2nd guessing everything.

Trying to stay positive and just need to know if what I'm going thru is just me or experienced by others.

Thanks

karin602
on 10/4/15 12:16 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

As I was laying in pre op iv in place still wondering what the check are you doing to yourself! Did fine and am at my goal, no regrets. Actually 30 pounds less than doc considered success. You are perfectly normal with your nerves. It is a life changing major surgery and nerves are to be expected.

Karin

White Dove
on 10/4/15 1:24 pm - Warren, OH

Those pre-op nerves are tough and I considered walking away right up until they wheeled me into the operating room. When I woke up I wondered what I had been so worried about. A couple of incisions that did not even need a Band-Aid and a little pain that was easily managed with the pain pump.

After that I felt great and just never got hungry again. Post-op was so easy when I was not hungry and could not eat much even if I wanted to. Weight loss was easy and permanent for the first time in my life.

Getting this tool was the best decision I ever made for myself. I only wish I had done it years earlier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 10/4/15 2:51 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

A strong feeling of peace came over me the morning of WLS or that's how numb-to-the-bone feels like. Things will work out as your new chapter begins.

Karen R.
on 10/4/15 3:24 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

I questioned myself non-stop, I called my primary care MD and questioned her, and my surgeon. Even as they were wheeling me into the OR, I kept asking myself "Am I doing the right thing for my health?" As soon as I woke up I was glad I went through with it and I still am. Pre-op anxiety is normal!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

AnneL
on 10/4/15 5:06 pm

I had mixed feelings increasing as surgery came closer. I am glad I decided to go ahead. I wish I had not waited decades. I am already able to do things I could not for for years. And....things were getting worse, not better. I am 66 years old and my health is improving., instead of going down hill. Lower blood pressure, less medication, no cholestoral medication. I fit into a booth at restaurants and never have to worry about that again. I am traveling for thanksgiving and not worried about the size of the airline seat or belt. I have thrown away clothes and I am no longer tied to Catherine's or Lane ?Bryant. Soon, perhaps I will be able to wear clothes that match my image of myself. I walk up hills without carrying an extra 40 lbs.

surgey 7/31/15. Others have lost way more in that time frame, but I am very happy with progress. Soon, I may see my feet.

Downsides....constipation....discomfort if I eat too fast and too much. Leg cramps which are requiring vitamin adjustment. Adjusting to new eating has been a challenge. Going out to lunch with co workers had me worried that they would be curious about new quantity on my plate. Surprise...they did not seem to notice or care! I suppose I am not the center of the universe, after all.

Best to you. You will make the best decision you can.

Newchapterbegins
on 10/5/15 6:16 am

Thanks everyone. It does bring some relief knowing it's not me just being over emotional right now with being scared. I have a great support system around me but speaking with people who are or have walked in my WLS shoes helps. Less than 24 hrs to go.... time is just flying by and just hope I have remembered all I need to do and have prepared.

Thanks again friends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 13 views