What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 5:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  You guys, it's so windy here today; my hair is a hot mess.  LOL  But this time last year it was snowing, so I think I'll take it.  And I must say, the dog looked freaking hilarious during morning walkies with his big ol' beagle ears a-flappin.  He looked like he was going to take flight at any moment.

I have two questions today!  Do you drink soda?  If so, what kind and how much?  And....do you have a nickname?  I'll start.  Yes, I still drink soda; don't judge me.  LMAO  I like Fresca and Diet Sierra Mist and I probably have it 4-5 days a week.  I used to drink a ****ton (actual measurement) of Diet Pepsi pre-op, but I don't like it anymore.  And I don't really have a nickname unless you count when my husband calls me "honey", which I don't.  LOL  I never liked to be called Kris or anything, so I'm just Kristen.  Funny story:  the first time I met my husband he called me Kris and I just looked at him and said "ten".  He was like "what?" and I said "My name is Kris. ten.  Not Kris."  HA!  I was a hardass from day one.

Time since surgery:  16 months

B:  Friendly Farms strawberry Greek yogurt

S:  Mango coconut thinaddictives with a wedge of Laughing Cow

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  tuna salad made with olive oil mayo and relish on 34 degree crackers

TOTALS:  Cals:  869  Protein:  98  Carbs:  62  Fat:  27

Have a great day!! 

Queen JB
on 11/19/15 5:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning!

Soda...ah I was a total Diet Coke nut before my lapband surgery. I never thought I'd be able to give it up. Tried it exactly once after surgery--the bubbles were very uncomfortable and the taste was so chemically sweet, I hated it. Not planning on trying again!

Writing this on the go, so no totals from MFP yet but I'm eyeballing it and it looks about right...

B: decaf coffee with skim
S: chai protein drink (hot)
L: cottage cheese with everything bagel spice
S: 2 Swiss cheese and salami roll-ups
D: grilled chicken, melted cheese, salsa and Greek yogurt

Exercise
3 mile run on the treadmill and arms and abs circuit.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sarah M.
on 11/19/15 5:32 am

Good Morning!

I recently added back diet pop. Just one a day on work days. Sip alittle in the morning, alittle more at lunch, and fini**** up on the way home. 

My mom has always called me "Sha-sha". She is the only one that can get away with that. Dad called me when I was younger "Shell" because my middle name is Michelle. Other than that I'm plain ol' Sarah to everyone else.

B-scrambled egg with sausage and bacon---much better than yesterday!

S-skipping

L-?

S-banana with pb or sf pudding

D-?--grocery shopping day so probably one of the back up frozen meals.

Maria27
on 11/19/15 5:37 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I do not have a nickname. I never like diet soda pre-op, but I have tried drinking it a few times after I passed the six month mark. I'll drink a little diet coke now and then, but I never fini**** We'll see if I start drinking more further out. Sometimes, I just want something to drink other than water!

Time Since Surgery: 8+ months

B: Coffee with half and half and 1/2 premier protein shake

L: HB Egg, String Cheese, and 1/4 serving Chick Peas

S: 1/2 Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Carmel Bar

D: 2 slices Black Forest Ham, 1 oz Chimay Trappist Cheese, and 1/4 Honeycrisp Apple

S: 4 oz Greek Yogurt with Torani Vanilla Sugar-Free Syrup and 7 grams unsweetened Coconut

Totals: Cals: 711 Protein: 69 Carbs: 42 Fat: 32

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

mamata2
on 11/19/15 5:54 am

I can't do soda anymore.  The bubbles get me bad.  I was a Diet Coke **** before surgery and I'm so happy I'm off that train.  The funny thing is, I can still do sparkling wine and beer.  I'm guessing the carbonation isn't as aggressive because it doesn't upset me quite so much.  I have to run to a meeting so here is the skinny.

B: Coffee and fit frappe

S: Fit frappe :)

L: Chicken breast with bacon

S: SF Latte

D: Chicken Sausage and Sun chips

Totals: Calories 1039, Protein 99, Carbs 80, Fat 42

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 5:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yeah, I have to tap the glass on the table a few times to get a lot of the bubbles out.  Or mix it with vodka and ice.

melissasue1982
on 11/19/15 6:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Its a nice 40 degrees here!  I will absolutely take it!  Went for a nice brisk walk before work.

I don't drink soda.  I didnt drink much pre op either, maybe occassionally when going out to eat.  So I don't really miss it.  I go my Melissa.  There is only one old guy at work that calls me Missy...I let him get away with it.  But that is IT! haha

My parent's had a lovely nickname for me growing up, "Nagatha"....I guess I was annoying! LOL

WTF is a size 15??? Is it like juniors or something?  I bought a pair of nice Levi jeans at the Salvation Army a few weeks ago, they were a smidge tight but I bought them anyway.  I am wearing them today.....they fit nicely.  But they are a size 15???!!  I am so confused!  lol

Also, straight leg and skinny are TOTALLY different when it comes to wearing tall boots!  These jeans are straight leg and all I brought to wear are my tall boots.  I kind of tight rolled them to make it work!! HAHAHAH Brings me back to elementary school! Not that comfortable though inside the boots

7 Months 2 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

S: 1/2 chocolate brownie quest bar

L: 1.2oz ground turkey, taco seasoning, 1/2oz RF shredded mexican cheese, 1/4c sauteed onions & peppers

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

D: 1.5oz homemade turkey/lean beef meatloaf, 1/8c zucchini noodles

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

Totals: Cals: 639  Protein: 91  Carbs: 37  Fat: 19

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mschwab
on 11/19/15 9:04 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Do you have knee high socks on?  If so, put them over your pants and ten put your boots on.  Works every time.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 11/19/15 9:08 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I dont *sigh*, but that is a good idea!  

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

NYMom222
on 11/19/15 6:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Dont really drink soda only because it doesnt agree with my pouch.

At a meeting that I o ly found out about at 2am... of course if I would read my email that wouldnt happen. Had to get up at 7 to make it. Ugh.

B. Premier

S. 1/2 bagek w.cream cheese

L. ??

S. Power crunch bar

D. Chicken w. Dijon pineapple habernaro sauce

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 572 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views