need protien help

rondadls
on 11/29/15 6:47 pm

Ok so I am still struggling and could use some help. I need alternatives for protein. I can not eat chicken, fish, meat, or eggs! I get sick every time I try. I am trying to get some protein powders in my diet but most are too sweet. I am using a lot of the unflavored powder. I know how important the protein is but I cant be sick all the time. Please give me some options that do not include any type of meat. Right now I only know of Mootopia milk 12 grams per serv. cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, beans, and cheese. There has to be more.

The Salty Hag
on 11/29/15 6:59 pm
RNY on 05/20/13
On November 30, 2015 at 2:47 AM Pacific Time, rondadls wrote:

Ok so I am still struggling and could use some help. I need alternatives for protein. I can not eat chicken, fish, meat, or eggs! I get sick every time I try. I am trying to get some protein powders in my diet but most are too sweet. I am using a lot of the unflavored powder. I know how important the protein is but I cant be sick all the time. Please give me some options that do not include any type of meat. Right now I only know of Mootopia milk 12 grams per serv. cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, beans, and cheese. There has to be more.

Have you tried the Unjury brand of protein powders? You have to order them online, but they have a chicken soup flavored protein powder that may be an alternative for you. It's good quality from what I understand, and on the Unjury website, you can order a sample size so you're not blowing a lot of money in case you don't like it. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

rondadls
on 11/29/15 7:04 pm

Thanks, I'll try it.

cheapskate
on 11/29/15 7:25 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I eat Quest protein chips. I love chocolate protein shake warmed up like hot cocoa(maybe you would not hate the sweetness because it is "supposed" to be sweet). Hormel turkey chili with no beans in it.

Do you have trouble with anything that involves meat or just dense protein? I struggled with dense protein for A LONG time. But saucey things I could do. 

rondadls
on 11/30/15 3:50 am

I guess I don't know a hundred percent. It seems as though it is any meats. I have tried every way I can think of but have not had much luck. I was able to eat them at first but then slowly they started making me sick and now within two bites my stomach starts to flip flop. Even the smell of meat now bothers me. I am going to just sustain from all meat for a couple of weeks then try again but I need protein while I'm waiting to reintroduce them into my diet.

AnneL
on 11/30/15 5:56 pm

Just a thought....but it is meat. I bought a dehydrater and made some really dry jerky. I am not doing

well with beef, but the really dry jerky goes down well. I agree about the unjury chicken broth. Really good and soothing. Best to you. 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/30/15 3:57 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Could you add your surgery date to your header.  (if your WLS was recent, nuts are not a good choice yet)

Sharon

rondadls
on 11/30/15 4:04 am

My surgery date was Oct 12, 2015. Sorry I am still new and trying to figure out how the system works. Finally found the ticker yesterday.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/30/15 4:51 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

True meats - beef, pork, are difficult for many people - even years out. I would stop even trying to eat them. Moist chicken, poultry, poached fish were better for me at the 1-3 months stage.  I would cut up chicken and pour spag sauce over it and bake it in the oven, I didn't eat the spag sauce, but it kept the chicken from over cooking. 

Also, I had to chew, chew, chew before swallowing.  Still do.

You will need to experiment - approach it like a new adventure.  People's tastes change after the surgery, so you are on a path of discovery!!

Sharon

AnneL
on 11/30/15 5:58 pm

Did not realize you were so new out. I agree with taking it easy and giving yourself more time to heal. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404