What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 5:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning from rainy Syracuse!  The thing I hate the most about rain, aside from what it does to my hair, is the mud.  Holy hell.  The geniuses who built the house I live in didn't put in a sidewalk from the house to the driveway.  It's super fun to trek like 150 feet through wet grass and mud to get to the car.  It's even better when there's snow on the ground. 

OK, so I need someone to recommend a good under eye concealer.  Lately I look raccoon-esque and like I'm carrying the luggage for a family of four.  I wear Bare Minerals foundation, which I like very much, but that's not cutting it.  Help me.  LOL  I know that Deanna and Cynthia are fans of a brand that I can't for the life of me remember the name of... 

And so we enter the Carb Detox Challenge; Day 2

Time since surgery:  16 1/2 months

B:  coffee, cranberry walnut baked oatmeal and an Activia light strawberry Greek yogurt

S:  Click Mocha, so I can make it through a payor meeting that I don't want to attend.  LOL

L:  Starkist Salmon Creations in lemon dill, Friendship Fit to Go 1% cottage cheese and pork rinds

D:  leftover turkey warmed up in a pan with a little butter, topped with a Sargento thin slice and an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  876  Protein:  108  Carbs:  42 (woo!)  Fat:  30

Have a great day!

Queen JB
on 12/1/15 5:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hear you on the raccoon eyes. The anemia from low iron is catching up to me (I take so freaking much and it is still low!). I look super ghostly-zombie-pale with circles under my eyes. Gorgeous, I know.

Last day off today and I am spending it at the vet with my super sick kitty. I think today might be her last day with us, and I am very sad. She's totally my bff, cuddle buddy, and partner in crime :(

...4.5 months out...

B: Espresso Protein drink (Big Train)

S: Light Babybell Cheese & 6 almonds

L: Hood Cottage Cheese single serving cup with "everything bagel spice" sprinkled on!

S: 2 Swiss cheese and Salami roll-ups

D: Parmesan crusted cod (I need to get out of this rut!)

Totals: Calories: 783 /Protein: 66/ Carbs: 53 

Exercise

Depends on how my little kitty does today. Hoping for some solid gym time this afternoon but I am not counting on it...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 5:45 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, I'm so sad for you and your kitty.    Losing an animal is so hard...  I'll say a little prayer for you.

It's funny you mention low iron, because I got that going for me too.  I take 8 Perfect Iron tablets a day and it's still low.

Sarah M.
on 12/1/15 5:46 am

I'm sorry you are having to go through sick fur-baby. Hugs and healing thoughts

mamata2
on 12/1/15 5:50 am

Sending you positive vibes on Ms. Kitty.  **HUGS**

chassibi
on 12/1/15 5:59 am

Sorry about your kitty....

About the "everything bagel spice" --I have looked like 3 places. Where do you find it?

Queen JB
on 12/1/15 6:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I first found it randomly at a TJMaxx years ago, but never saw it at a store again, so I finally gave in and got a different brand from Amazon--delicious!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 12/1/15 6:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending hugs!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/15 6:27 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sending love and prayers your way for your Kitty, sorry you have to go through this with her.  Will be thinking of you today.

I just wanted to mention I had my two year follow up at my centre two weeks ago and was told I have extremely low iron and I am anaemic.  I too look like the walking dead I am so pale, like see through pale and massive dark circles under my eyes.  

And I know we are all cold post op but I am seriously struggling with the cold already. My hands I want to chop off they actually hurt from being so cold.  Damn low iron.

Anyway at my centre the NP told me they they just "discovered" that RNY patients don't break down gelatin caps that my Iron comes in (Feramax 150). So to finish off the box I have of the capsules I was told to open up the caps and let the iron powder dissolve in some juice and drink it.  Fun times.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 6:44 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Mmmm...sounds delish.  LOL

I've taken a bunch of different iron pills and right now I'm taking Sundown Perfect Iron; 4 in the morning and another 4 in the afternoon.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?