Annoyed!

DogGirl
on 12/1/15 3:19 pm - Canada

So I'm day 14 on opti and this morning I have gained a pound!  No not lost, not stalled, but gained!  I know it will come off in a day or two but it really is a kick in the arse when you are being so compliant and somehow this happens.  Serenity now.....serenity now.....that's better

"The mind is its own place; and of itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."

karin602
on 12/1/15 5:47 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I know it's hard but stay off the scale. Weight is going to fluctuate from day to day and it is frustrating when it happens to go up when you're doing all the right things. Perhaps set a day of the week for your weigh in day and be in for a pleasant surprise.

Karin

DogGirl
on 12/1/15 6:24 pm - Canada

Thanks, it's good advice and I know you're right.  Will try to put it off for a few days or a week even.  Surgery on Dec. 9 so I am very excited about that and want a nice head start on the weight loss.  I'll stay on track and keep the endgame in mind

"The mind is its own place; and of itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/1/15 8:43 pm

My body weight is different on the same day by 2-4 lbs.. Sometimes more. I can "gain " 3-5 lbs in one week and lose it in the same week.. 

I recently had surgery.. Total 5 hours in a hospital.. Came home 7 lbs heavier.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DogGirl
on 12/2/15 11:48 am - Canada

Thank you!  Nice to know I'm not the only one....will keep this in mind and keep my chin up!

SkinnyScientist
on 12/2/15 11:22 am

I had the same response on the liquid/clear diet.

I thought, 'If I can gain weight off of broth, jello, and tea. I really NEED this surgery."

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

DogGirl
on 12/2/15 11:47 am - Canada

thanks so much, a unique and good perspective :)

MickeyDee
on 12/4/15 11:18 pm

Water weighs 7.8 lbs per gallon.  You can put on 3# just by staying hydrated and then lose it by breathing, taking a dump and urinating.

Don't stress over the day-to-day stuff.

robinreinhardt
on 12/5/15 9:42 am

Dog girl,

No worries, you have come to the right place. Just stay on your path and it will happen.

Robin

DogGirl
on 12/5/15 12:42 pm - Canada

Thanks Robin!  Glad I hung in here, finally lost a pound this morning as a matter of fact!  Surgery in 4 days and I am very excited

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?