What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/1/16 5:21 am, edited 2/1/16 5:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning, all!  How did everyone fare this weekend?  Did we all behave ourselves?  LOL  My weekend was super great, not just because the Globetrotters were awesome, but because I decided to jump on the scale Sunday morning and it said 144.  Lemme repeat:  1.  4.  4.  That's 1 lb. below goal.  LMAO  Hear that Cynthia?  I must've gotten off and back on the scale a dozen times and then I made my husband get out of bed to come and look and verify.  And then at my son's bball game yesterday his 2nd grade teacher (who I love) told Matt that I looked like his daughter.  He was not amused, but I was!  LMAO  Good times.

Question of the Day!  What's your favorite protein bar?  I ask because I typically can't eat them because they're either loaded with sugar alcohols, which causes me great gastric distress, or the stats aren't that great.  BUT, I found one that I am loving; Power Crunch Chocolate Brownie Wonder.  I was eating it at the game yesterday and I kept saying to Matt "This is so good.  SO good."  LOL  So, what's your favorite?

Time since surgery:  18+ months

B:  coffee, Chobani Simply 100 Mango Cone Crisp. 

S:  turkey pepperoni w/ a LC wedge

L:  shrimp with ****tail sauce and a cheese stick

S:  1 oz. deer jerky and a Cracker Barrel 2% cheddar stick.  I don't usually have an afternoon snack, but the boy's got another basketball game tonight so I won't get to eat dinner until late.

D:  Morningstar Farms chipotle black bean burger with a Velveeta slice and a over easy egg.

TOTALS:  Cals:  884  Protein:  103  Carbs:  64  Fat:  29

Have a great day all!

Queen JB
on 2/1/16 5:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Monday!

Wow, UNDER GOAL!!! Congrats! I'm soooo excited to report that the scale finally moved for me, too. I'm officially .6 away from "normal". I really switched it up this weekend and added back in more shakes, yogurt and plain old chicken to up the protein and cut back on carbs. After gaining, then stalling for 2 weeks, I finally dropped 1.3 overnight.

B: Decaf coffee with 1 scoop of Espresso Fit Frappe & 1/2 scoop of Unjury Chocolate

S: Sargento Balanced Break

L: Black Cherry Greek yogurt

S: 2 oz Teriyaki Chicken

D: ? Not sure--book club tonight!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 2/1/16 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Whoo-hoo, glad you got a loss too :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

hyder1ab
on 2/1/16 5:41 am
RNY on 05/06/15

I don't really do too many bars, but I do like the Quest Apple Pie. Worked all weekend so it forces me to be good bc I can only eat what I bring!

B- Latte and homemade frittta 

S- Siggys tube yogurt and freeze dried strawberries

Lunch- 2 oz chicken and 1 tbs organic ceasar 

S- Premier Protein with shot of espresso 

D- 2 oz chicken breast and 1/4 cup green beans

S- 2 cups popcorn, Thin Addictives, 1 tbs cream cheese

Protein: 96

Calories: 910

Carbs: 59

AngryViking
on 2/1/16 5:57 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That Apple Pie Quest Bar is pretty good, actually.  I find the worst offenders for me are the chocolate-type Quest Bars.

supershopper
on 2/1/16 5:49 am

Good this weekend. Was very busy!

We are 3/4 of the way moving into our slot in the new vintage/decor/jewelry store. They are having a grand opening today. YAY

The scale also moved for me this morning. down another pound! 6 pounds away from onderland. Wonder if I will make it by the 2 month mark on the 15th. I hope so!

I've been getting the quest bars at gnc- and eating 1/2 for a snack. They have 2 sugar alcohols so 1/2 a bar isn't bothering me. the premier protein sometimes cause me to have bathroom issues.

We are having work done on our deck - getting stairs and a roof put on. We have been having to take the dogs down the stairs through the basement outside so this will be awesome once it is done. We mostly live on the 1st floor anyhow.

B: GNC wheybolic shake

S: 1/2 quest bar i think

L: pork loin leftover- zuchinni

s:?

Dinner: ?

S:?

Exercise, going for week 2, day 1 on c25k. I've actually done 4 days already, but I skipped ahead by accident to week 3 due to technology issues.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

AnnyBananny
on 2/1/16 6:04 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

AV, HOLY CRAP! UNDER GOAL?! That is super amazing/exciting/rewarding - you have and ARE working so hard - it's all down to your good choices, so ya!

Sometimes I wish I couldn't tolerate protein bars, but I haven't had any problems with them. I do keep them around my office and floating in my bag as far too often my schedule gets changed mid-day and I'm left scrambling. Quest bars are my go-to (Mint Chocolate Chunk is my favorite right now, but also really like Vanilla Almond Crunch and Cookies and Cream. I try to stick to the flavors that are under 200 calories). I'm also a fan of the Power Crunch bars - the Vanilla Creme and Salted Caramel are my favorite flavors - though these don't really "last" very long for me, so not always the best option. Lastly, when I'm the Pure Protein Salted Caramel Bar is seriously a candy bar, when the craving hits, this is a decent option. I know a lot of people say protein bars are like candy, but this one SERIOUSLY is.

Weekend was good - except yesterday I are FRIED CHICKEN and ONION RINGS. Ugh. I mean, a tiny portion of both, but still...wtf was I thinking? My poop was gross LOL.

Time since surgery: closing in on 2 years

B: omelette made with Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and goat cheese

S: Omega Trek Mix

L: mini meatloaf and sweeten ricotta

S: a Cottage Cheese Doubles

D: TJ's turkey meatballs

S: popcorn and a chobani tube

TOTALS: Calories 1135, Protein 98, Carbs 82, Fat 55

V/W: about to get started

E: intervals with my sister tonight

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 2/1/16 6:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Totally LOL'd at the outcome of the fried food :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 2/1/16 6:09 am
RNY on 04/06/15

UNDER GOAL?!!!?!?!?!   How freaking exciting!!  Congrats AV!

My weekend was so so, we had a family party on Sunday, I ate ok.  Had a little too much sugar.  But whateves....

I am not feeling so hot this morning, having some intestinal "issues".  Didn't sleep well last night, between our upcoming move, work crap going on, etc etc....I just tossed and turned all night long.

(almost) 10 months since surgery

B: 1c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

L: Homemade egg salad w/ 2 cups romaine

D: Homemade chef salad w/ skinnygirl poppy seed dressing

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt, dill pickles w/ 1 Baybel light cheese

Totals: Cals: 778  Protein: 88  Carbs: 32  Fat: 34

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

danie11e
on 2/1/16 6:12 am

Good Morning!

That's awesome about being UNDER your goal, must by the most wonderful feeling!! Glad you and your son had fun, what a great picture of the two of you! Do you post your pictures from your phone or on an actual computer! I still can't figure out how to post a picture from my iPhone.

The scale FINALLY moved this weekend for me as well. I am now in the 180s. I feel like I was stuck in the 190s forever! Thank goodness, I was going to lose my mind. It looks like the scales were kind this weekend :)

I don't love protein bars - I think they either taste artificial or have way to many calories. When I really need something I do like then Kind Sea Salt and Carmel bars. Protein isn't spectacular, but they're so good.

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: Turkey Chorizo Muffin, LC cheese wedge
S1: Ellie Quark Yogurt
L: Buffalo Chicken Salad, LC cheese wedge
S2: Pineapple cottage cheese
D: Skinny Shepard's Pie, cottage cheese
S3: Light & Fit Greek Crunch
E: Home stationary bike

Cal: 952 Protein: 78 Carb: 77 Fat: 40

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Most Active