Believe It or Not - Surgery Date is March 29!

Unlimited
on 2/14/16 6:52 pm - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Hello!  Remember me? I was the one who should have had this surgery back in Sept/Oct 2015; but was put on Hold/Delayed due to a new Job Change at a different hospital so much closer to home mid-August 2015! Hard to believe its been 6 months and I visit this site often.

Now is the time to really get myself totally geared up for my RNY on March 29.  So, I had another brief delayed in this again in January due to postmenopausal bleeding after 9 yrs being chemo-induced menopausal from Breast Cancer treatment!  Everything benign - and the go ahead to schedule the RNY was granted once my insurance company re-approved this on Feb 9.  And the approval is only good for 60 days! 

So my first date offered to me last week was > March 1 - oh my! Too early, heck that would mean starting liquid diet this Tuesday... and yet I haven't had a Pre-Op exam yet with surgeon (plus need to give a tad more notice to work).  My mind was thinking March 22, which actually was the second date she gave me (surgeon only performs these on Tues/Thursday). I get an email quickly after our call - Surgeon is on Vacation week of 3/21.   My firm Surgery Date is now March 29 and I am soooo ready for this...

My education class regarding the liquid diet and hsp stay discussion is Friday March 3 with the Pre-op exam with Surgeon Monday March 7.

So I have been heavily referring to this site daily for all the guidance, advice, recommendations etc etc. Next I will need to get my AVATAR set up - and all my data thus far also snap a BEFORE pic of myself!!  Crazy thought is - if I went with the March 1 surgery date -- by March 29 I would have been post-op for 4 weeks and already returned to work!!!  But I do know March 29 will arrive fast- totally forgot about Easter being early this year.  I have always heard ppl say - actually a guy from our local support group in Madison, WI saying it was tough for him doing liquid diet thru Thanksgiving!  Well here I will be doing the same with Easter!  And begin the liquid diet March 15 the week my oldest son is home on Spring Break. My senior in High School is on spring break week of March 21--- probably why the Surgeon is also on vacation as his kids have their local spring break as well =)

JuliaP2016
on 2/14/16 7:56 pm - Prentice, wi
RNY on 03/01/16

My date is March 1st! I start liquid this week. Going to be interesting as I have a 3 almost 4 year old who has crohn's. So eating in our house is not excatly normal! I am looking forward to getting healthier, but not looking forward to the pre diet

Unlimited
on 2/14/16 8:01 pm - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Julia! We are both from Wisconsin!!  Will be thinking of you this week as you begin your liquid diet =)  By the way as I'm getting my Tickler uploaded etc.... how do you find the section where you can indicate the type of surgery one is having and its date?? Lets keep in touch !

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 202 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?