In Need of some Advice...

Angela_Dean
on 3/22/16 9:33 pm - Canada

Could NOT for the life of me figure out how to copy and paste my blog I just wrote so had to make it a picture..lol

Angela        
ladygodiva1228
on 3/23/16 1:29 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Have you been tested for food allergies?  Some folks become severely allergic to anything with lactose, gluten, etc.  Have you had a colonoscopy done to see if there is anything usual in your intestines? 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/16 4:01 am

A few things that come to mind, 

• Food allergies
  • IBS 
  • SIBO
  • C-Dif

Google SIBO... SIBO can cause IBS... I develop some food allergies long term post op RNY... Plus food sensitivities. I.e grains - I am not technically allergic to that but I experience severe intolerance to most foods with or from grains - pain, bloating, gas...etc.. 

You also may have hernia and twisted guts... But my money is on food allergies and sensitivities - IBS caused by bacterial overgrowth... 

There is theory that if our small intestine becomes inflamed due tomalleries or bacterial overgrowth - that can cause leaky gut - and undigested  food can end up in our blood stream causing more allergies to develop. 

Btw - I am allergic to dairy (proteins), soy, vanilla, banana, pineapple, etc etc... Some allergies are severe..others mild... 

If I eat food I am allergic to - my gut may become very sensitive for days afterwords. 

Culture - Stool samples will not detect SIBO.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 301 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?