WLS & depression

cheapskate
on 4/5/16 1:21 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Have any of you had depression onset after surgery? 

It is organic and not emotional I am just not sure how to proceed. I just had my annual blood work and they haven't called to say anything was amiss. 

Just looking for some feedback as to what to do. I am spending most of my time in bed, exhausted and close to tears. 

Sunflower316
on 4/5/16 1:34 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

YES!  Hang in there. You get another visit with Dr. Sabapathy (sp?) that is included in the program if you need it. He has a few friends who specialize in this sort of thing, that he can recommend. Don't worry, they've seen it all before. It really stinks, but you can do it.  If you live around Shawnee, we can walk together or something, it's beautiful outside!  Also there is a weight loss support group meeting on Thursday at 5:30. I'll be there too.  Chin up, hugs. 

ChristyO
on 4/5/16 3:21 pm
RNY on 02/01/16

How long is the support group meetings.  What goes on, I would have to drive about and hour and a 1/2 but thinking about it.  Does it do any good....  They are the 1st Thursday of each month, In building A conference room right.  Thanks.  

ChristyO

Height 5'4

S.W. 251

C.W. 129

G.W. 125

cheapskate
on 4/5/16 6:39 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I have never gone to one. I work nights so it has never worked out. I might try to swing one, I don't know.

Sunflower316
on 4/6/16 8:20 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Come sit by me if you do.  I'm going to go to 1st Thursday's. And seriously, if you want to get out and walk with someone, I'd love a walking buddy. 

Sunflower316
on 4/7/16 3:07 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I can't go. :(. The baby threw up, so I'm stuck at home with a sick toddler.  Sorry, next time for sure!

Sunflower316
on 4/6/16 8:19 am
RNY on 03/21/16

This will be my first one.  But, I asked most of that too and they last about an hour.  They have a clothing swap that opens 30mins before the meeting and from what I hear, they help.  Some of the things other people are saying is that they get menu ideas and even exchange supplements or different protein shakes. I would be sure you could talk about emotional eating etc and probably mood swings or whatever. It's all people who have gone through or are going through the same things, so at least there would be an understanding ear there.  I'll be at the one Thursday, so come introduce yourself, I'm Jenny, the chubs with blonde hair and a staved look on her face. Lol! ;). Do you think they'll have cookies?  ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 1:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Talk to someone! A counselor or psychiatrist is a good choice, but even your GP can help. If you need help finding someone, the NAMI Helpline-- 800-950-6264-- from the National Alliance on Mental Illness can answer questions and help you find a local provider. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cheapskate
on 4/5/16 3:14 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Thanks for the encouragement!!  I have a call into my doctor and he is pulling my most recent blood work. 

I have no fear of seeing anyone but it truly isn't a psych depressed issue. I think something needs to be fixed on an organic level. 

Kakesie
on 4/5/16 3:22 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Now days modern antidepressants are amazing.  They fix what is chemically imbalanced in your system and can make you feel better. 

~  Karen, who would be a wreck without my antidepressants. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics