Chocolate near the printer

Cheremiste
on 4/28/16 5:57 am

AACK! One of my coworkers supplies a big basket of chocolate for our office daily. She puts it on the shelf right on the way to the printer I have to use. I was so tempted this morning, but I didn't touch it because I don't know if I'll dump. And I don't want to dump at work.

Just wanted to whine that my brain is still in compulsive eater mode...

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

aesposito
on 4/28/16 6:10 am

Please take this in the spirit in which it is given, and not as an attack or criticism... I say this because I care deeply about you and your progress.

But if the only thing keeping you from eating chocolate just a few weeks after 10's of thousands of dollars of surgery to save your life is the fear of dumping at work, that's a problem. 

Lots of us required counseling and therapy to overcome those old patterns even after surgery.  If you don't already see one (or you see one who is ineffective), please consider finding someone to talk to.

And BTW, only about 30 percent of RNY patients dump post-surgery.  So don't use that as a preventative measure.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Cheremiste
on 4/28/16 6:23 am

Thank you for your reply. I do take medication for bipolar disorder and see a therapist weekly, and I'm working on it.

Audrey is my sister's name, so I'm taking that as a sign :) :)

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

Eggface
on 4/30/16 5:27 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Audrey gave you great advice I just wanted to add... make a plan when you are strong of mind... chatting with your therapist about tools for the next time... a "what happens when ____ " game plan. 

Because... this stuff doesn't go away... there will ALWAYS be the break room goodies, the bakery case, the party buffet, the sweet Aunt Sally with her famous cookies that won't take no for an answer, the angelic girl scouts, the list goes on and on... 

Sending you good thoughts.

P.S. When all else fails... picture someone reaching into that basket of chocolate who didn't wash his hands post restroom or sneezing on it ;) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

marielewis
on 4/28/16 1:31 pm

Don't feel bad I would want the chocolate as well lol.   Regardless of the weight it causes or dumping etc.  it taste damn good 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/29/16 7:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Could you ask your co-worker privately if she could move the basket to a different location -- a bit more out of your path?  

Audrey's post was spot on.  I understand how you feel -- you aren't alone -- but there is a definite red flag there.  It's wonderful that you are working with someone.  We all need support to overcome our unhealthy relationships with food.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views