What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/29/16 5:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Welcome to Photo Friday y'all!  I got nothin'.  I tried to take a picture of the spectacular sunrise over the cedars in my backyard this morning and failed miserably.  Stupid phone.  So, post away!  I want to see your bright shiny faces this AM.

My long national nightmare is over.  Matt and Michael are on the road to Gettysburg.  Huzzah!  It's just me and the dog for the next three days.  Too bad I have to work today.  Although...I think I may be coming down with something.  cough  Yeah, I'm def. feeling unwell.  achoo   LMAO  Anyone have super duper weekend plans, other than the DC crowd who I am totes jealous of?  I'm pretty free (yay!) but I do have to make an appearance at a picnic tomorrow that I was voluntold to attend.  Eh, how bad can it be?  Free hotdogs!

QOTD; picnic theme!  Hamburgers or hot dogs?  Discuss.

Time since surgery:  21+ months

B:  coffee, Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese and a couple of saltines

S:  string cheese

L:  4 oz. grilled chicken breast on 2 Wasa light rye crisps spread with Laughing Cow

D:  trying a new thing:  Wegmans frozen sockeye salmon burger!  I'll have a cucumber/tomato salad on the side.

S:  Yeah, that's right.  Alone in the house = PM snack and a movie.  LOL  I mixed up a container of L&F Greek key lime yogurt and a 1/4 c. light cool whip this morning and threw that puppy in the freezer.  Yay for popsicles!

TOTALS:  Cals:  852  Protein:  99  Carbs:  58  Fat:  25

Have a great day and an awesome weekend!

Nicole K.
on 4/29/16 5:49 am, edited 4/28/16 10:54 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

TGIF! I'm so glad this crap week is almost over!! On a brighter note, last night I had dinner with a friend from high school that had her RNY exactly one year before me and she looks fantastic. It was great sharing "war stories" and having someone to talk to in person and ask questions. She's down 130 pounds, so she must be doing something right.

YAY for being alone this weekend, AV. Do something fun just for you. No plans here except going to get waxed. Probably TMI, but there you go.

QOTD :Hamburgers, no doubt

11 weeks since surgery
B: poached egg white and turkey bacon
L: Split pea soup
S: Broiled shrimp (dinner leftovers)
D: No idea, a hamburger patty sounds good, though

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

NYMom222
on 4/29/16 5:51 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I got nothing for Photos either...will after DC weekend though. Woop! Woop! Get to meet Mr. Grim and JB, and Meet up with DC girl again. Going to go back shopping at this accessory/jewelry store DcGirl turned me on to. I need jewelry for my awesome dress I bought for my neice's wedding. Reasonable too- called Lou Lou's. I will admit I am worried about fitting into it after the surgery, swelling and all...esp. in the BL area... My SIL assured me she has a seamstress on speeddial...hahahaha

New low weight this AM. Woop! Woop!

A note about Premier Protein. While I love those suckers, I don't think we really absorb all the protein. They aren't 100% Whey isolate. I have been relying on them heavily pre and post-surgery to get my 100grams in that the surgeon wants. I had a spot on my incision line that wasn't healing and was in fact getting bigger, although not infected. I emailed the surgeon about it and he said he could stitch it up if needed during the second surgery and 'make sure you are getting all your protein in.' Hmmm... I decided to cut back on premier and start adding my unflavored Genepro stirred into things. Do you know that sucker made a turn around within a week. (I know there is controversy around Genepro because there website is a lot of mumbo-jumbo, -I admit that....but that being said it has always worked for me and I have had bloodwork where my protein is low and when I go back to adding genepro, it turns around. So my experience has been excellent.) So While I will not abandon The Premier I decided I am only counting it as 20g protein not 30. Just my take on things.

I have to teach an art class tonight and do not have a project. Started painting something yesterday and hated it. Ack! So say a prayer or swing a chicken for me or something. Why am I a Procrasinator???? Then after that I am picking my girlfriend up at LaGuardia Airport at 11PM. And the journey begins....

B: tea, Protein drink

L: tuna, matzoh

S: Protein drink

D: Black Bean soup with added protein

S: greek yogurt

E: 22 min hard Corp

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NYMom222
on 4/29/16 5:53 am, edited 4/28/16 11:04 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: generally hamburgers...but a good grilled hot dog once or twice a summer is heaven. The rest of the year? fuggedaboutit...

Edit: and none of that turkey or chicken hotdog cr**...a real hotdog. Sabrett, nathans something good...

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

karenp8
on 4/29/16 7:34 am - Brighton, IL

I think I am probably almost as excited about your surgery as you are. My dietitian  would agree with you on the protein as she taught us that whey isolate is absorbed best. Will be praying for your class tonight and for a great trip to DC and fantastic surgery results and recovery too. In other words,you are on my prayer list!

NYMom222
on 4/29/16 7:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Thank You Karen. All prayers appreciated. That is why I keep coming back....Everyone is so supportive. And face it the 'regular' people in our lives get tired hearing about our stuff.... you guys get it.

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 4/29/16 8:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm super excited for you, Cynthia!  You're living the (my) dream!  LOL

NYMom222
on 4/29/16 8:45 am
RNY on 07/23/14

It really helps that others are excited for me... like I said, 'regulars' don't always get it. Your day will come. :)

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 4/29/16 9:28 am
RNY on 07/17/14

We will always get it.  And you bet your ass my day will come!  LOL 

Queen JB
on 4/29/16 7:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That was my exact answer, too. I knew I liked you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?