What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/30/16 5:11 am, edited 4/30/16 5:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Friends! I'm having a great time on vacation so far! Sometimes a change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered.

Grim and I are splitting up for the day. He's staying with his brother to continue building the deck and I'm heading into DC. My best friend's oldest daughter is in law school at Georgetown and I'm so excited to see her and get a tour of her world down here. Her mom passed away about a year and a half ago and it's been really hard to lose not just her, but her 5 kids who moved down here. I'm BANANAS  excited to see a few of them today. 

I promised the girls that we'd do a spa day with mani/pedis, which has always been our go-to relaxation day activity. QOTD: What do you to relax and get away from it all? 

Hard to post menus ahead when on vaca but yesterday I had: protein coffee, bacon, Mr Cheese Os, a Protein bar, and a cheeseburger & salad. Not too bad for being away... I'll try to be good today, too!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 4/30/16 5:30 am - Brighton, IL

QOTD to relax I go camping when I can or go for a walk if I can't camp. Maybe that's why I've been able to keep my weight off because both are active things that keep me moving?! Rainy day here in Illinois but hoping for a break at some point so Lily and I can do our 3.2 miles at the park. If not able by lunchtime I will hit the treadmill for the same distance and do 30 minutes on the bike as well. If an evening break in weather comes I'll grab a walk around the block then too. No exciting plans for the day just housework and a meeting at church this afternoon. Sounds like you did great on food yesterday,JB. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

karenp8
on 4/30/16 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

No wonder it didn't take long to post--I forgot half of it! Post op 44 months yesterday and weight at 121.4 today. Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1/2 c tuna salad 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz pork cutlet 1/2 c tomatoes S mission 1 protein bar. That's all folks!

Kakesie
on 4/30/16 5:32 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Glad you're having a great vacation, JB!

QOTD:  I don't have much stress in my life to get away from, but to relax I love spending time cuddling my two dogs, Tippy the Chihuahua and Blossom the Golden Retriever mix.  They give me unconditional love and affection and always bring a big smile to my face!

Menu today:  The usual, an egg, cottage cheese, a Lean Cuisine meal, string cheese sticks, Protein shake, greek yogurt.

Exercise:  Hoping the rain will stop so we can take the dogs for a walk.

Have a great weekend everyone!

~ Karen  :)

Queen JB
on 4/30/16 6:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Animals are the ultimate stress busters, aren't they?!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 4/30/16 6:17 am
RNY on 02/19/16

They sure are!  Nothing like cuddling a puppy to brighten your day!

karenp8
on 4/30/16 6:41 am - Brighton, IL

Even pictures of animals make me smile! So here's one I took of Lily after our walk yesterday. And no,she's not spoiled!

Kakesie
on 4/30/16 6:54 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Awww, look at Lily with her nose all snuggled in the pillows!  How adorable! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/16 8:31 am

Love your dog Karen!

FindingCharlie
on 4/30/16 9:00 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

I love cuddling with my four furbabies! I have 4 Australian Silky Terriers and they are very spoiled, lol. Buttercup, Miss Bailey, Bruiser Boy, and Jumpin' Jack Flash (Puppers for short, lol). When I went for my pre-op meeting last week the nurse was telling us that all the rooms are private and that we could actually have someone stay with us if we would like. Of course, I asked if I could bring my four furbabies and I got a big no for my answer, lol. Girl's gotta try, lol.

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics