My CAMAW Report - Success!

Corrie33
on 5/27/16 10:20 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I started at noon on Sunday last week, so my challenge ends in just a few hours.  I have plans with Mom tonight to have a toast (probably martini) and a lite dinner in my late father's honor today, so I'm happy that I can say I made it all the way for 5 days at noon today.

I didn't cheat!  Not even once.  I was soooo tempted a zillion times, but now that I'm 2 hours from the finish line I'm pretty dern proud of myself.  As of this morning I lost exactly 2 pounds.  And it's okay if I gain them back this weekend, I'm now at 19 pounds below goal, but I did this challenge to curb the cravings and slow down the increasing amount of carbs I was eating, and I accomplished that.  And I reminded myself that in the future if I start to gain, I can always use this method to get back on track.  So, thank you CAMAW coordinator and all my fellow challengers for allowing me to be a part of this.  SUCCESS!!!

I did, however, as I always do... go a little overboard with the grocery shopping.  I have sooooo much meat and cheese left!!!  I took this picture last night of everything still in my fridge/freezer.  And it doesn't even show everything.  I'll be eating meat and cheese for about another 6 months I think.  

SHOWN HERE:

• Oscar Mayer Carving Board Turkey
  • Oscar Mayer Carving Board Chicken
  • 97% FF Beef Franks
  • Laughing Cow Cheese
  • Eggs
  • BabyBel Cheeses
  • Kraft 2% American Cheese Slices
  • L&F Yogurt
  • Turkey Smoked Sausage
  • 2% Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
  • Grilled Pork Tenderloins

Proportioned in 2 oz bags & containers:

•      Deli Ham
  •      Deli Eye of Round Beef
  •      Deli Turkey Breast
  •      Deli Rotisserie Chicken
  •      Pure Chicken Bone Broth

NOT SHOWN:

• Turkey Polska Keilbasa
  • Jenny-O White Meat Turkey Burger Patties
  • FF Shredded Mozzarella
  • Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella
  • FF Shredded Cheddar
  • Pork Chops

So - how did your week go???

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/27/16 11:04 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Girl I like how you think! I also have a lot of cheese & meat leftover. In fact I discovered there are a few cheeses that I really like & I went & bought some more! I did want to get more truffle cheese but darn it, they increased the price! I bought it at the sale price & now they charge like $15.00 for a little sliver of cheese!

I dove into this 100% & I didn't cheat either. I have till midnight for my camaw to be officially over but I'm pretty sure I'll make it. Plus I lost a couple of pounds I had gained, so I'm back to my lowest weight & can keep moving along to goal.

I do still miss my peanut butter, but I can go back to the powdered butter kind & not the nut butters that I just dipped a spoon in & eat, over n over n over again. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Corrie33
on 5/27/16 11:34 am
RNY on 02/09/15

That's awesome, T!!!  Cheers to the power of CAMAW.  

And just for tonight, if there is room after dinner & a martini, I'm having 1/2 banana and one of those little 1-serving packets of peanut butter (can't risk having a whole jar in my house ever again).  I've been saving this little packet (21 grams) for just the right occasion - I think tonight's the night!  When I take that first creamy, yummy bite, I'll think of you.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Daffodilgirl
on 5/27/16 9:23 pm

Now that the challenge is almost over what is a typical days menu for you? Your weight loss is amazing!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/28/16 9:34 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Why thank you! My menu for the most part is pretty much the same, but much, much less cheese. The carbs is usually higher, more between 30-60g. I like cheese but I had cut back a lot because of the calorie count, most times I ate the baby bell, thin cheese slices, string cheese etc, full fat, just lower calorie.

Problem was that I was snacking way too often lately & my calories from that was getting higher than my meals, plus I was pretty comfortable where I was. I'd only bounce around within a couple of pounds, & I was still moving downwards, just much more slowly.

I aim for 80g of protein, 80oz of water, keep carbs as close as I can to 30, plus my vitamins. Usually I'd have either cottage cheese & boiled eggs for breakfast, or a quest drink, or a quest bar, but I try not to rely on the bars since I think of it as a fancy candy bar. The drinks I like & is just easy to do when pressed for time.

Lunch dense protein, either homemade chicken salad, or shrimp salad, beef cuisine slices, tuna/salmon packet, or fish

Dinner beef patty, or turkey or salmon, usually something quick. I really don't cook much.

Snacks powdered peanut butter, cheese, pork rinds, wasabi peas, yogurt bar, quest bar, mama chia squeeze packs, hod golan turkey slices, etc

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

Queen JB
on 5/27/16 12:37 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Great job! I cheated... :(

I ate: one Hershey Kiss, a handful of cocoa dusted coconut chips, and today I had 2 protein shakes instead of real food (just because I wasn't feeling well). Not a terrible failure, but I am sad that I couldn't hold it together for a full week like I used to be able to do. 

But on the plus side, I still lost a pound!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/27/16 2:12 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Did you sprinkle protein powder on any of it? If you did it doesn't count! HaHa  Kudos to you for losing a pound. I know you're waiting for Grimm to come home, plus all the other stuff you had going on, so its ok if you were a little distracted. 

Queen JB
on 5/27/16 3:01 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

God why didn't I think of that?

...marches off to roll Hershey Kisses into Protein Powder...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kala2032
on 5/28/16 7:48 am - Marrero, LA
RNY on 02/08/16

Congratulations for making the week!! 2 pounds less you carry around everyday!!

I did awesome until lunchtime yesterday. I was almost there but my hubby brought in strawberries. So I made an egg beaters omlet and cut up 4 strawberries and sprinkled it with Splenda. OMG soo good. Yeah, not critter made but still sooo sooo good.

On the positive side, I LOST 4 Pounds!!!!! About time I do lose some weight. the week before I only lost one and the week before that i hit a stall. I wasnt doing anything different. I may be doing my own personal CAMAW challenges in the future when i hit those stalls. I dont eat starches but it felt good to step on the scale and see my weight change! 

Height 5' 10, HW: 538 lbs 05/2015, SW: 444 lbs 2/2016, CW:213lbs 8/2017

NYMom222
on 5/29/16 4:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Congrats on the CAMAW success! I felt very similar after the AMAW week.

CAMAW has been good, but not perfect. :( Peanut Butter snuck in there a few times...spoon, jar...on the way to bed. Yes was needing food this week late night, not sure what that was about....

I agree though... I have learned if the carb monster is derailing me, I need to buckle down and either AMAW or CAMAW for a week to get back on tract. The 5-day-Meat-in-your-pouch Test. LOL.

Trying to change things up a bit, been having steak for breakfast frequently. Having been having protein drinks in AM for about 2 years. If i try traditional breakfast foods, I am always hungry... so just switching it up for the hell of it... and dense protein does work better. I love eggs, but doesn't stay with me.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views