Could it be dehydration???

Tasia718
on 5/27/16 3:48 pm
RNY on 04/13/16

Afternoon, folks. I had RNY 4/13/16. I haven't had any issues with vomiting or anything until I started on solid foods 30 days out. I feel that I've followed the rules in regards to the diet (no sugar, chewing my food close to disintegration before swallowing, no drinking, protein first, then produce, etc). Yesterday, I took my meds first thing in the morning and for some reason it felt as though they were 'stuck'. After about 10 minutes, they came back up.  My initial thoughts was I hadn't eaten anything and that may have contributed to this feeling. I warmed up some chicken breast that I had tolerated the night before....took one bite and the elephant showed up to sit on my chest. Needless to say I ended up ...well, you all know. So that's twice in a matter of 15 minutes. I continued to sip my water and I had 2 SF popsicles over the course of 6 hours. I had my dinner (previously mentioned yard bird). No issues. Well today my chest is sore and I can barely get anything down. The pain feels like when you're full.  I had oatmeal for breakfast..no problems. I had some very soft fish but it won't go down. 1 very small bite felt like I had eaten the whole piece. Any thoughts? And yes, I agree that I haven't eaten enough in the last 2 days, however I am getting my water intake in at least 64oz a day. Most times more. 

Start weight - 378 lbs

Surgery Weight - 368 lbs

5-13 - 340.2lbs

5-19 - 338.4lbs

Goal - 216lbs

Kathyjs
on 5/27/16 5:29 pm

I am not a doctor but I can tell you I have episodes like you mention on and off for years. If not even water stays down you need medical help. But I also get the 'elephant' and stuck feeling 

White Dove
on 5/27/16 8:39 pm - Warren, OH

Could be a stricture, call your surgeon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/16 8:52 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

Oh, goodness, you sound like you are talking about me!!!  I feel you on the elephant...and I have had it so bad that I have thrown up, and it was perfectly formed like my throat. Ugh.  I still have troubles when I am full, and I accidentally get 1 extra bit in....and then the elephant...and then my mouth is watering...and I can't swallow the spit.  Ugh, so I hide spitting---so horribly gross---until I can burp a few times and all is good again.  I guess it is all trial and error.  I had my RNY on the 15 of March this year.  My biggest goal is to make the water goal,  and try for the protein... I drink a Premier EVERY morning...so I am 1/2 way there already.  Trial and error...that is my motto! :)

Susan C

PulchritudinousGirl
on 5/28/16 7:44 am
RNY on 03/21/16

The same thing has been happening to me for the past couple of days- minus the vomiting.  I have been able to eat very little- mostly yogurt and soup.  Even drinking feels uncomfortable but I am forcing myself to do it.  My surgery was 3/21/16 so I am not that far ahead of you.  This seems to happen once in a while but usually doesn't last this long.  It usually only lasts a few hours but this time it's been 3 days.  I actually feel much better this morning.  Just had a greek yogurt and it seems to be sitting well.  If you can't keep liquids down or you continue to vomit, be sure to call your surgeon.  Best of luck!!! 

RNY 3/21/2016 Highest Weight 232, Goal Weight 135, Current Weight 126

March-20.9, April-15.7, May-11.6, June-13.9, July-7.9, August-7.4, September-7.4, October-6.0, November-5.7, December-5.5

Save

Tasia718
on 5/28/16 8:04 am
RNY on 04/13/16

Thank you all. I called the surgeon last night. Unfortunately it wasn't my Dr and I'm not really sure he understood my dilemma. I looked up stricture and I'm having the exact same signs and symptoms. I'll be going to my Dr on Tuesday. 

Start weight - 378 lbs

Surgery Weight - 368 lbs

5-13 - 340.2lbs

5-19 - 338.4lbs

Goal - 216lbs

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views