Pouch pain

darlingshell2005
on 6/24/16 11:35 am
RNY on 06/06/16

im not quite at 3 weeks postop (Monday will be 3 weeks) and I thought I had been doing a good job sticking to plan. However last night very suddenly I had very intense pain directly where my stomach should be located. I tried calling the surgeons office to get advice and could not get through so I went to ear. Pain did subside after about an hour and they ran all their test and said nothing major showed up and to follow up with surgeon (I have an apt on Tuesday) what are the potential cause of intense pouch pain? I'm on soft foods but was a couple hours from eating when that happened.i had taken my vitamins about 30 to 45 mins before it happened. I purchased a soft chew multi vitamin from celebrate and it's nasty so I guess there is the potential I didn't chew that well. Could that be the cause of the pain. I felt fine today but scared to eat 

White Dove
on 6/24/16 1:17 pm - Warren, OH

Eating too big a bite, eating too much, not chewing enough and sometimes your pouch decides it does not want to tolerate something (even if it is on plan and you have eaten it before with no problems).

The cure is to go to liquids only for a day and see it the pouch settles down.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

darlingshell2005
on 6/24/16 3:27 pm
RNY on 06/06/16

Thank you for responding. I'm definitely on liquids today as yesterday has given me quite a scare. I guess I've been reading about not feeling well after things like this I just never realized it was pain. I thought Nasuea and general yuck type of feeling. I know my dinner was mushy (ricotta bake) so I think it was my multi chew vitamin that I didn't chew well. Thank you again!! 

Catek2652
on 6/25/16 4:24 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I get pain when I eat too much (even one bite too many) or fail to really chew and swallow a piece of food that is too big. One or two experiences with this has taught me to slow down, chew well and really pay attention to when I've had enough. Just because something tastes wonderful does not mean I need to eat it.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics