Slow but sure

Teena D.
on 6/27/16 6:24 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm in Ontario and our local forum has been pretty quiet lately. I was referred by my family dr on Feb 2nd, attended orientation on April 18th and had my first appointment with the clinic - the social worker - last week. On July 13 I finally meet the nurse practitioner. I also have a nutrition class scheduled for September  6.  

My understanding is that when I see the nurse I will get my next 2 appointments- dietician and psychologist. I'm not sure how long I will have to wait for those appointments but my friend has hers scheduled in to October. 

I'm hoping to meet the surgeon soon after that and then should get my surgery date. Ideally I will have my surgery by Februaty but at the orientation we were told that they aim for a year from orientation.  Of course I'm hoping that it won't be that long  

I've really enjoyed all of your posts and updates. You guys are an inspiration. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

LeslieT3440
on 6/27/16 9:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hi I'm from Ontario too -Mississauga and going through TWH. I had my Orientation April 2015 and am now just at the stage of meeting the surgeon on July 22 and am told I will need to buy my Optfast and will get my surgery date at this appointment. I know someone in Northern Ontario who started the program in November 2015 and will be meeting the surgeon at the beginning of July through video conference and has been told is looking at a surgery date in September. It seems to be a shorter wait for people if they are doing their program at smaller centers. I guess shorter wait lists.     

Teena D.
on 6/28/16 3:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Wow. That's a long wait. I have to keep reminding myself that time marches on regardless. ? Good luck with the opti and your surgery. ? 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?