The waiting game begins....

Monetslily
on 6/28/16 12:58 pm
RNY on 07/11/16

I"m excited and nervous all at once. I'm done with all the insurance requirements. We have submitted the authorization for surgery...I have been told it can take up to 14 business days...so now I wait and keep telling myself that if they deny, I can always appeal AND to keep on this low carb diet. I know I"m just on the starting end of this WLS journey...Some of the things I am looking forward too:

1. walking around a City all day and NOT feeling horrible pain in my feet and back because I'm so fat...but feeling sore feet from a day of walking...
  2. actually PLAYING with my kids...
  3. crossing my legs
  4. feeling comfortable sitting in an airplane seat.
  5. participating in a 5k
  6. less back pain
  7. less sciatica pain
  8. Being able to wear clothes in any clothing store I walk into
  9. Not be embarrassed to have my husband pick me up...at least LET HIM..before I would NEVER have him try. Didn't want him hurting himself or worse he wouldn't be able to actually pick me up.

Waiting is the hardest part...

mschwab
on 6/28/16 2:29 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations, you are almost there!  I suggest putting your list on your refrigerator.  It will be an invaluable reminder to you of why you are doing this if you go through a rough patch (and we all do).  Keeping your long term goals front and center is key.  You will do great!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Monetslily
on 6/28/16 5:42 pm
RNY on 07/11/16

That is a GREAT Idea...I will definitely do that

Thank you!!!

Teena D.
on 6/29/16 10:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

What a great idea!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

CathyV
on 6/28/16 6:03 pm

Oh, hoping it goes through for you!

My insurance did not pay...sigh. I am cash paying. But, they didn't even consider it, so...they just don't do it. So it wasn't like I didn't meet criteria or something. 

Great list! 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?