What is on your Monday Menu RNYers?

NYMom222
on 7/18/16 5:21 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Welcome to Monday Morning!! Woot! Woot! Are you feelin' it?   AV hope your appointment goes well. Hard to believe 2 years? 2 year appointment for me is tomorrow. Have to do the early morning appointment because you don't eat until after your appointment, right? Old Weigh****cher tricks die hard...

Some of you know but I figured I'd let the rest of you in on it, I am having Plastic Surgery Part Three next Monday. One week. My Birthday. New Birth, New Beginnings. Also 2 year anniversary of being discharged from hospital after RNY...Not that this wasn't under consideration but there was a turn of events that made this happen much quicker than I expected...really the swing vote was my good friend and 'daughter from another mother' Lauren being able to come to help. This may be the hardest recovery yet and I live alone, and really need someone to be with me. This is an East Coast affair because not only are we going NY to DC, but she an the whole family are coming up from Tampa. Hubs and the kids will stay at the house while we go to DC. After we get back Tuesday night He flies out 5 AM Wednesday morning to get back to work and Lauren and the kids will stay with me for another week or so. It actually makes me really happy the kids will be here too, love them and at least somebody will get to use my pool, even if it is not me...

Realized I forgot to mention what I am having done...a thigh lift and some revision on the backside from surgery #1... He is also giving me a 'maybe' on taking out my varicose veins in the thigh section while he's in there...but I am really praying and hoping that happens... I realize my thighs are really just for me as 95% of the time no one sees them.....and it will make it easier to buy pants...

QOTD: So do you have any tips, tricks, recipes from past diet attempts that you still use and you think still work? As mentioned-- never ate before a weigh-in... No No No. I did this weight loss workshop one time, and actually lost quite a bit of weight during the 12 weeks. That was when I was my heaviest. The program was written by an actual dietician and one thing I remember that I thought was worthwhile- If you feel the need to eat something sweet - eat it right after a meal. 1- because it won't effect your blood sugar as dramatically because you have just eaten a meal - protein, veggies... and it will get metabolized with the meal and 2- you are already mostly full so you won't eat too much of it.

B1: Latte laced with miralax,

B2: Poached eggs, fruit (late Business breakfast)

S: Protein drink TBD

L: Turkey melt or Thai chicken

S: Protein Bar

D: Peppers, onion and steak stir fry

S: Greek yogurt, blueberries

EX: 21-day fix-Done!    Today's Maintenance weight: 172.6

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 7/18/16 5:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, good morning! So exciting about your next plastics! I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous. I would kill to do my arms and boobs....

I cooked ALL OF THE THINGS this weekend, though I haven't actually eaten ANY of it yet! I made a honey-garlic crock pot chicken dish, a chicken skillet thing with peas and carrots, egg cups for breakfasts, and Eggface's Ricotta Bake. I'm having the ricotta bake for lunch and I'm super excited. Someone mentioned it last week and it just sounded so good, hopefully it lives up to my memories LOL.

Time since surgeryL 2+ years

B: coffee with cream, egg cup

S: more coffee, greek yogurt

L: ricotta bake

S: PowerCrunch bar

D: honey-garlic chicken

Book Club

TOTALS: Calories 927, Protein 90, Carbs 63, Fat 33

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 7/18/16 5:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you for doing all that prep!

I Love Power crunch Bars... I also have discovered they now have a chocolate bar with crisps. I like the dark chocolate one over milk. The stats aren't as good as the regular bars. But chocolate. They consider 1/2 a bar a serving(yeah like that is happening) a whole bar is 220 calories and 10g protein...so not the best stats but better than a real chocolate bar...and at least some protein.

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

Queen JB
on 7/18/16 5:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Those are tasty! But the light wafer just doesn't fill me up, so I find they aren't working as a meal replacement. And the stats are too high for it to be anything else... So they are off my shopping list for now.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 7/18/16 5:53 am - Brighton, IL

I can do a protein bar for my bedtime snack because I'm going to sleep but find that they don't keep me full for a meal during the day like real food either.

supershopper
on 7/18/16 6:29 am

I've found this in general with protein bars. I would eat 1/2 then sit there like - i didn't eat anything! i would want more food = So i have only been eating as a snac****il next meal time. or I will just eat meat as a snack instead.

supershopper
on 7/18/16 5:57 am

I also like th epowercrunch- can't eat more than 1/2 or it sends me into terrible stomach cramping

NYMom222
on 7/18/16 6:01 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am not talking about the power crunch... I am talking about an actual chocolate bar. Bought it at Vitamin SHoppe-- Choklat

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 7/18/16 6:28 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have had these and I loved them.  I loved them so much I won't buy them anymore because they call to me.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 7/18/16 6:39 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have never seen that one, but if it is that good, I don't think I should try it! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics