Prilosec OTC tablet vs. capsule

Han Shot First
on 7/19/16 5:15 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey everyone.  Ever since my surgery, I've been taking the generic Prilosec capsule.  This last time that I got my refills, the pharmacy filled it with Prilosec OTC tablets instead.  The box says delayed release, so it sent up red flags.  

However, when I went back into my pharmacy history, I had been getting "Omeprazole Oral Capsule Delayed Release 20 MG"  So it looks like I've been getting delayed release all along.  My thinking was the capsule would be absorbed better than a tablet though.

Should I switch back to the capsules?  I see my doctor Monday for a routine checkup, so it wouldn't be a big deal to have her write me a prescription specifically for the capsules, but if the tablets will work just as well, I'll just take the big supply I just got.

Thanks everyone. 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Deanna798
on 7/19/16 6:12 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have always taken the delayed release, that is what my surgeon prescribed.  I think I questioned this at some point, I don't remember if it was here or if I just asked the doctor.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views