how much should I be eating?

Susan M.
on 7/26/16 6:34 am - Howell, MI

I was in the search area looking for this and lot of comments on weigh and measuring your food but no one say how much it should weigh or how many cups ect...

I am 5 years out and you think I would no this but I just don't :( please can someone give this info or where to find it, I am trying to get back to basics(I have been struggling for some time) I re-start every week sometimes every day, I am trying to lose the 10 -15 lbs I re-gained and thankfully have kept it at that but I keep losing the same 5 lbs. (I am only 4"11 so 15lbs is a lot)

I know its the carbs but keep falling back. I need the help on what I should be eating as far as the amount. Thanks everyone for the support I find on here everyday. 

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

cutiefrog
on 7/26/16 7:48 am - Canada

Stick to dense protein, then veggies, then fruit...  No need for carbs.  Once you haven't had carbs for a few days, you'll stop craving them.  In terms of amounts, stick with what your pouch can handle.  I can usually eat up to 5 ounces of meat.  I weigh and measure everything I put into my mouth.  If you're not losing on the amount of calories you're currently eating, cut a few hundred and see how that goes. And don't forget to drink water.

HW- 266  SW- 255.4  CW- 195.6 GW -140

hollykim
on 7/26/16 11:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 26, 2016 at 2:48 PM Pacific Time, cutiefrog wrote:

Stick to dense protein, then veggies, then fruit...  No need for carbs.  Once you haven't had carbs for a few days, you'll stop craving them.  In terms of amounts, stick with what your pouch can handle.  I can usually eat up to 5 ounces of meat.  I weigh and measure everything I put into my mouth.  If you're not losing on the amount of calories you're currently eating, cut a few hundred and see how that goes. And don't forget to drink water.

fruits are carbs.

cutiefrog
on 7/26/16 1:23 pm - Canada

Yes, they are, but if she starts with dense protein, then vegetables there will be little room for the carbs in fruit.  At least those ones are good for you, right ?

HW- 266  SW- 255.4  CW- 195.6 GW -140

hollykim
on 7/26/16 1:58 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 26, 2016 at 8:23 PM Pacific Time, cutiefrog wrote:

Yes, they are, but if she starts with dense protein, then vegetables there will be little room for the carbs in fruit.  At least those ones are good for you, right ?

they are not good for you if you are trying to lose weight.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 255 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics