Pre-op diet...me, this chicken, and a cookie.

Minadina
on 7/26/16 9:43 am

So I've been on my pre-op diet about 9 days. I've mainly followed it to the letter, except for the whole not understanding carbs which lead me to add bananas to a smoothie in the first days. I am/was a heavy carb eater. I mostly ate rice, potatoes, bread, over eating meat. So needless to say its been a struggle to stick to the protein thing. If It's not a shake I'm having chicken or eggs, and I have to literally force them down...otherwise I'd eat nothing from the unhappiness of eating something I don't have a hunger for. Anywho...yesterday I factored in two cookie because they only had 14 combined carbs and that still kept me below my daily carb goal. Welp I don't know if I ate them too fast or what. I wasn't full when I ate them, and I had some water afterward. But all of a sudden it's like my stomach blew up and I felt as if I was going to vomit. It was the darnedest thing. Never happened to me before. I mean I haven't been on the low/no carb kick but 9 short days, why would my body react is such a way? Any idea anyone?

chassibi
on 7/26/16 11:09 am

Nope. I'd call it a sign lol.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/26/16 12:14 pm

I follow a gluten free - grain free -soy free diet.  but if I eat food taht has fillers (soy or gluten  ) my gut get bloated - and my size 6 that fit me with ease in the morning - are no longer zip up on me... and it may take me a day or 2 for the swelling go away...

even 9 days clean eating - - your body is showing you that eating things like cookies is no longer good for you... 2 small cookies can do so much damage - and in the past- you ate a whole sleeve or 1/2 a box. you were bloated all the time and you never knew that...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Teena D.
on 7/27/16 8:07 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

How long after surgery did you start eating this way? I used to follow a paleo diet and would love to get back on it. I just felt better. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

crafty_gal
on 7/27/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 04/26/16

Are you sure the cookies weren't made with any of the billions of pounds of recalled flour?

HW: 333 Consult Weight: 318 SW: 293

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics