HELP!!! 10 years out and I need to get back to losing!!

Mimito3
on 7/27/16 4:49 pm

Hi, I had my surgery in December of 2005 and I initially lost 120 lbs.  However, I did it basically did it on my own, no support groups, my surgeon retired after my 2nd follow up visit.  I've had no nutrition training or support, just my husband really. I need training. I have kept it all off but 30 lbs back.  I don't want to get back to 400 lbs!!  I know my tool still works, I just need support and guidance.  I used to be on here all the time, but just got distracted.  I'm 52 and want to be healthier and I know getting older will give me new challenges.  I loved the support I had before from this great group.  Thank you for "listening"!  

kerbear1969
on 7/28/16 3:12 am - MD

Try googling "back on track program" its from bariatriceating website.  A lot of helpful hints.  You can totally do this!

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Amy R.
on 7/31/16 4:31 pm, edited 7/31/16 9:33 am

There is actually a "Back on Track Together" group right here on OH as well.  I don't have the link but if you use the search button up at the top of the page it will come up.  I'm not a member but it seems to be a great group and helps lots of folks.

Many of us have had good size regain (I've had two:  one was 40 pounds and the other was 50 pounds plus or minus) and have been successful at re-losing.  I actually weigh less now than I did at my original lowest post-op weight.  So don't give up and try not to stress - unless you've stretched out your stoma losing your regain is perfectly doable.

Good Luck! And good for  you for facing it now and not waiting until you've regained more.  We've all known those unfortunate postops who have total regain.  Stopping where you are is a blessing you've given yourself.  =)

Edited to add:  Here is the link to Back on Track Together on OH   Back on Track Together

selhard
on 7/28/16 5:04 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Immersing yourself in appointments with a medical team following their guidance would be my recommendation because getting your labwork and knowledge up-to-date is a good way to start.  Attending a local weight loss surgery support group has been proven to keep some people on track better than those you don't attend a support group.  Professional mental help is hard to beat for success, as well.  Sounds like a challenge you are willing to take seriously.

Queen JB
on 7/28/16 5:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15
  • Protein forward diet
  • Reduce your calories
  • Reduce your carbs
  • Log everything you eat into MyFitnessPal or another food log
  • Exercise regularly
  • Get your labs done and adjust vitamin intake accordingly
  • Come here every day and get support!

YOU CAN DO THIS 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 7/28/16 5:44 am - Brighton, IL

You can totally do this. And you've received some great advice above. I would also add measuring or weighing your food and eating a total of one cup of food for each of your three meals. Also do not drink for 30 minutes after you eat and drink plenty of fluids between your meals. Recommended amount is at least 64 ounces a day of calorie free beverages but I strive to get about 100 instead. I also avoid pasta,bread,rice,potatoes and focus on meat and non starchy veggies like green beans and cauliflower. I eat three meals daily and a small before bed snack to keep my blood sugar from tanking overnight. I went from a highest weight of 273 and have maintained at 118 to 123 for over 3 years. I also walk about 5 miles a day for exercise with my rescue dog Lily just to help me burn off stress since I no longer eat my Feelings! Most of all hang around here and let us get to know You! It's a great place!

Teena D.
on 7/28/16 10:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I think it's awesome that you're kept the majority of your weight off. I'm sure you can lose the regain. :)

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 7/28/16 10:37 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Also- someone else mentioned seeing a medical team. I think you do need to have your blood work checkked if you haven't already- malabsorbtion and so on - you want to make sure you're doing okay.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Neaucora
on 7/29/16 10:12 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Hi, check with your local bariatric center. A lot of them have monthly classes and support groups. There are so many more people out there now, and help than there was before. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 564 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 342 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics