Crystal Light During 2 Week Pre-Op Diet?

Lilly8985
on 7/29/16 6:19 pm

I'm on day 2 of my pre-op diet, surgery s scheduled for 8/10. My plan allows for some solid foods, but doesn't mention drinks. Obviously water is the best choice, but was anyone allowed to drink some crystal light on their pre-open diet? I'm not talking a pitcher full or anything, just a glass or 2 throughout the day. 

PulchritudinousGirl
on 7/29/16 7:43 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I was told it was okay to drink it and I did without any issues.  Good luck with your surgery! You must be so excited.

RNY 3/21/2016 Highest Weight 232, Goal Weight 135, Current Weight 126

March-20.9, April-15.7, May-11.6, June-13.9, July-7.9, August-7.4, September-7.4, October-6.0, November-5.7, December-5.5

Save

Daffodilgirl
on 7/29/16 7:45 pm

I was allowed to drink Crystal Light. Good luck!!

Neaucora
on 7/29/16 10:01 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Crystal light is fine =)  I still drink crystal light.  I cannot drink plain water, still, after 4 years since surgery.  I have a big mug of ice and crystal light that I sip on all day long. My favorite is the mango-peach flavor. I also get the generic walmart brand instead of paying the extra money for the name brand. I think it tastes better too. Good luck on your surgery!  (I'd try to stick to lighter colors or clear ones as the dyes cause extra work for your kidneys to filter out) 

Neaucora
on 7/29/16 10:01 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Crystal light is fine =)  I still drink crystal light.  I cannot drink plain water, still, after 4 years since surgery.  I have a big mug of ice and crystal light that I sip on all day long. My favorite is the mango-peach flavor. I also get the generic walmart brand instead of paying the extra money for the name brand. I think it tastes better too. Good luck on your surgery!  (I'd try to stick to lighter colors or clear ones as the dyes cause extra work for your kidneys to filter out) 

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/16 4:46 am

My instructions say it is okay - just says the day before surgery to have only clear liquids.  Good luck.  I'm right behind you; my surgery is August 16th.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views