What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/21/16 4:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone! Here is my terrible confession from yesterday: unless the "C" in AMAW-C stands for "cookie", I really blew it... Grim made some hella-delicious cookies to bring to the cookout and I couldn't resist. I also ate a ton of veggies, and then capped it off with bread and butter. AMAW, fail. So I guess my plan to start early was a bust and I will try to do it with you all next week.

The Elvis show was hilarious, you guys! They really really get into it, and since I was in the front row I got SEVEN sweaty scarves given to me by various Elvises (Elvi?). Grim even got one, from the creepiest Elvis (bodies in his basement, kind of guy) which I swear is the funniest thing I have EVER seen. And my dad practically got a lap dance from a Marilyn Monroe impersonator... I am still laughing--the whole night was hilarious. But my cousin's kid won 3rd place and did a great job! Go mini-Elvis!

QOTD: Ok, let's talk fitness trackers... Do you have one? Do you think it is accurate? I have the FitBit HR which is a wrist band. Recently I noticed that it is not tracking my steps accurately anymore. And after doing some comparisons with other devices, I am getting cheated 12% of my earned steps! I need to call the company and see if they will fix it, but I am curious about whether you have one that you really like. I might be ready for an upgrade, if they won't fix mine.

Today Grim, my parents and I are taking my cousin and his kid to the North End section of Boston (our version of Little Italy). There are a million old-world style restaurants and shops and today there is also a traditional Italian Street Festival, so there will be a million-trillion vendors and a parade of a Madonna statue around the streets. These summer festivals are crazy fun. I am excited to take them to experience it. They are from Oklahoma, so I am sure this will be far from anything they have ever seen! 

13 months post op and today I weigh 116 which is right in the middle of my maintenance comfort zone. 

B: protein shake & bacon

S: Mr. Cheese Os

L: ? (something meaty at the festival)

D: BBQ Pulled Beef Brisket

Have a great day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ttfan
on 8/21/16 4:29 am
RNY on 08/15/16

JB you are as cute as a button, you look 20 years old, and you are the tiniest little thing!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

chassibi
on 8/21/16 4:45 am

Good morning friends! I am dreading AMAW. I know I should be excited but the idea of no cheese is scary! Haha. I sound like an alcoholic. I bought myself 2 steaks to split for 4 mornings for breakfast, lots of tuna and shrimp, pork and chicken.  We will see how it goes! 

I don't have a fitness tracker. Jason has a Fitbit that he doesn't wear so I've worn it some but it annoys me because it's synced to his phone with his info. I need to break down and buy myself one because I know he will start using his again when he decides to lose this 25 pounds or so, probably about October since we go to Hawaii in Dec! 

B- 4 oz sirloin

L- not sure going with church ladies to a tea room

D- pulled pork

S- cheddar cheese stick (sad face here)

Have a great day friends! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Kakesie
on 8/21/16 5:15 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Your cousin's kid is SO cute and so are you!!!  Adorable picture!!!

Kakesie
on 8/21/16 5:21 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Sunday Everyone!

QOTD:  I don't have one, but I just ordered a cheap-o $20 version that tracks your calories, steps, distance, etc.  It hasn't come yet.  I suppose you get what you pay for so it will probably be a dud, but we'll see.

What I ate yesterday was:  A Clif protein bar, 1 slice of pizza, moon cheese, sugar-free pudding, 1 slice of pizza, moon cheese and a Clif protein bar.  Tomorrow starts AMAW-C!  Bye Bye protein bars and other indulgences!  I can DO this!

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  

Queen JB
on 8/21/16 5:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Of course you can do this!!

Abstinence from anything is hard but in a lot of ways, abstinence is easier than trying to be moderate.

If we knew how to do moderation, none of us would have needed surgery.

That's what's hard about the maintenance stage for me...

But you should embrace this first year out when you have less hunger and go for the AMAW gold! I bet you'll find a whole new happiness with the surgery, when you get into the groove.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 8/21/16 6:01 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Julia!!!    HUGS!

Daffodilgirl
on 8/21/16 7:21 am

Karen you got this!!!! You can kick the protein bars to the curb lol!! I'm pulling for you!!

Kakesie
on 8/21/16 7:37 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Daffodilgirl!!!  

Ereiam
on 8/21/16 9:38 am
RNY on 05/16/16

You can do this Karen! You will be amazed at how much your appetite decreases when you're off those darn protein bars!!!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views