NSV: Shopping Spree

leseratte
on 8/25/16 7:23 pm - Kingston, ON,, Canada

I just had to share a major NSV with you guys.....

For the first time since having surgery (5.5 month ago), I went to a bigger city with lots of nice shops next to each other.

I started at Talbots (they had all summer clothes 80% OFF) and although I still have to shop in the WOMENS Sizes Section I fit in 1X! So I indulged in some summer/fall clothes.

GAP - I tried on a Regular Size XL cardigan - too big! - left the store without buying anything.

Roots - the biggest Size is a XL, I tried on a sweater - too big! - left the store without buying anything.

Laura (Summer Sale 75% OFF) fit in Size 16 Pants easily - so I bought them.

Banana Republic - clothes fit - left the store without buying anything.

My point is: I was so happy not buying because I had a choice!!!! I was not frustrated by what was leftover in Size 3X or whatever they have (I used to shop only at KOHLS Plus Size Section, so my option for a Winter coat was limited to either a black or a blue one) I was in charge and control! I just loved it......

By the way last week I realized that I have lost the equivalent of my 7 year old sons weight times 2.

So I literally do not have to carry my son on the front and on the same time on the back the whole day! Everyday and Every night!

RNY 03/02/2016

In Pounds: HW 296, SW 292, M1:-34, M2:-8, M3:-13, M4:-16, M5:-12, M6:-11, M7:-9, M8:-8, M9:-5, M10:-4

Pokemom
on 8/25/16 10:18 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I loved reading this on the heels of my "shopping questions" post the other day.

I also loved the idea of carrying around your twins on your front and on your back all the time.

JaxLiving
on 8/26/16 4:25 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!! it sounds like you had a blast!!! Keep up the good work! 

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

karenp8
on 8/26/16 5:20 am - Brighton, IL

I love reading posts like this One! I am 4 years out and this is routine to me now so I love the excitement and freshness of your Post! Thanks for making me Smile! I also loved figuring out my favorite styles and that is still a work in progress. When I was obese there was no style it was just whatever that fit and wasn't too ugly!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics