Ovary Removal Friday

lumina99
on 8/28/16 3:34 pm - ME

I am having one of my ovaries removed this Friday. I`m a bit nervous as Friday gets closer! Can anyone tell me how the surgery was and how was the recovery? I`m hoping i`ll feel better fast...

Laura A.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/29/16 4:17 am

Good luck. If they remove the ovary that was causing the pain and discomfort- you should feel better after you recover from the surgery itself. 

Remember - to heal from any surgery - you need good quality proteins, good fats (think fish, avocado) and lots of rest. Walking as exercise to help with blood flow... 

Be well. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lumina99
on 8/29/16 4:52 am - ME

Thank you! I love walking, and am anxious to get this over with! I hope it doesn`t take too long to recover. I have a sit down job and a lot of the time I have no breaks for a while with one client after another. But I will have to make time to at least get up and go to the bathroom as an excuse to move!

Laura A.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/29/16 6:11 am

If you don't have time to to to the bathroom - just standing up between each client may help a lot. You'll do fine... drinking enough water will make you go to bathroom. . no matter what. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lumina99
on 8/29/16 8:16 am - ME

Thank you!

Laura A.

mute
on 8/29/16 5:20 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Hi, are they doing this laproscopically or vaginally? I've had mine removed about 8 years ago and the surgery/recovery is different depending on how the surgery is done.

I'm happy to share my experience with you but don't want to give you wrong info if our surgeries are completely different!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

lumina99
on 8/29/16 8:14 am - ME

They will be doing the surgery laparoscopically.

Laura A.

mute
on 8/29/16 8:37 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Okay, perfect! I had both of min removed the same way. Recovery was so easy. I've had a lot of surgeries and by far this was the easiest. There was some discomfort because of the gas that you feel that is not actually gas - it's because of something they do during surgery and I'm not a science-y person so I can't explain it lol. But I think it's along the lines of they puff you up with air so they can see while they're doing surgery. So you might feel discomfort because you feel like you have gas (which I found funny :) )

But very little pain.

Good luck!

luvn2oxfrd
on 8/29/16 7:03 am

good luck!  you will be just fine.  the recovery is NOTHING like the recovery from RNY ;)  i had one of my ovaries removed, laparoscopically, 8 years ago.  i went to work the next day. 

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

lumina99
on 8/29/16 8:15 am - ME

Oh great, that makes me feel much better!

Laura A.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views