It's Finally Our Turn

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 1:29 pm

Here we go.....My surgery buddies, annemck and steven354, tomorrow is our day!  I don't know how you two have been holding up but I've been a train wreck.  Back and forth over should I do this.  I've had some great responses from the Vets, and I'm pushing through the fear.  Today I seem to have a weird calm over me.  I will talk to you both once we are on the other side.  EEEEK

Good luck to you both, I hope everything goes well and incident free...Post when you can so we can compare notes .  lol

Novella, If I'm not up to chatting by the 16th, I want to wish you well on your day as well, your almost there

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

CJ On Orcas
on 9/13/16 2:07 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Karen you can do this!  I also had that strange last day calm.  You have made your decision and there is peace in that.  I am so very grateful to be on the other side.  Day 4 is going great, I am feeling so much better.  I think you read my post about having a fatty liver.  We have no idea how many things are going wrong inside our bodies from carrying so much extra weight around.  I have absolutely no craving for food, cannot even remember last time I felt that.

I will be thinking about you all tomorrow.  Get some sleep and know that you are finally doing something about your health that has a proven track record!

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 2:14 pm

Thank you Cheryl.

I know this will be good for me and I'm ready to embrace it.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/16 3:17 pm

Glad to hear that your surgery went well, and that you are having a great day 4 Cjonorcas! Have been thinking of you!

Patty R.
on 9/13/16 3:03 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a quick recovery!! 

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 3:18 pm

Thank you Pat, I will check in when I can.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/16 3:14 pm, edited 9/13/16 8:18 am

All the best to you Karen, and you too Steven! I will be thinking of you both.

I have hit an obstacle and my surgery has been delayed. There is no protein supplement either whey isolate or vegan that my body will tolerate (severe allergies). The decision was made last Thursday to cancel because I have no product going forward and my digestive track was so irritated. I was so upset and disappointed that I who am not a crier cried on the phone both with the dietician and the woman who oversees the cases and schedules the surgeries. Geesh. There was so much gearing up and investment and hope for a new life. But all is not lost, I have an appointment with my dietician tomorrow morning and hopefully she's discovered something I can use. Continuing to believe .

I love that you are feeling peaceful and ready today. I wish you an easy surgery and gentle recovery. Let us know how you are doing when you feel able, will be thinking of you. I'm a buddy in spirit!

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 3:23 pm

Oh Anne I'm so sorry.  I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.  I hope they can fine something that you can use.  Would the sleeve be an option for you?

Huggs

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/16 3:49 pm

Thanks Karen, it may, they have raised that with me. I will still need to find a protein I can drink post-op. It will be good to see the dietician tomorrow and see what's what.

Again best wishes for tomorrow, you will do great!

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 4:00 pm

Thank you, please keep us posted on your progress in finding something you can do.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 13 views